Two to Tango

Emma's POV

"Now what have we got here?"

We both jumped in shock and turned around to see our unexpected intruder.

"Mom?"

Mom? What the fuck! His mom?

Great. Good way to meet his mom for the first time Emma, half-naked while eating her son's mouth. Just outstanding!

My conscience mocked me at the irony of the situation. I quickly left Jake's embrace and hurriedly hid behind him, my head down in embarrassment. I dared not look at her.

"Hello, son. I didn't know you had company."

She paused for a bit and continued, "I just got here from LA and heard hysterical laughs coming from the kitchen. I was intrigued as to who it could be at this hour, so I just followed the voices here." She sounded awkward too. She was as shocked as us.

"Umm yes, mom. Well, this is Emma. Umm... I told you about her. We were just.......hungry, I guess?". Jake attempted to pull my arm from behind him to make me come forward but to no avail. I slapped his back twice, I was adamant on hiding behind him, no way I was ready to talk to his mom in this state.

"As you say, Jake. Well, hello to you too, Emma! Clearly, this is not the best time to greet each other. So I guess I will see you both at the breakfast table, sharp at seven."

With that, she left us both there, totally shaken and embarrassed.

"Emma, she is gone now, you can loosen your grip on me, and step forward." Jake chuckled. He had a mocking grin plastered on his face.

"Jake? Are you finding this funny? I never thought this would be my first meeting with your mom."

"Well, I planned it differently too, but this was even better, epic I would say. No need to say or explain anything. She saw everything with her own eyes." He let out a huge laugh. He was entertained at my expense.

"Shut Up. Easy for you to say. What if my mom walked in on both of us, while we are in an intimate position?"

The moment I let out that question, I felt stupid. How would that be less embarrassing for you, Emma? Maybe worse. My conscience mocked, again.

"That would be super fun too, well far better than this, don't you think?"

"Get Out. You are such a tease!" I pushed him back a little. I was so worried, pacing up and down, running my hand in my hair.

"What will your mom think of me? I messed it up, didn't I? She would hate me."

"Shh.. stop over-thinking. It takes two to tango, and she saw both of us. She won't judge you on this. I know she won't. Just relax, okay?"

"Two to tango?" I rolled my eyes at his choice of words.

He laughed louder, "You know what I mean. Just relax Emma, you will be fine, I promise." He took me in his arms again and kissed my forehead.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, absolutely. So now.. umm.. shall we continue from where we last left?"

"No way. You pervert. I better rush back to the room before the entire staff is up and sees me like this." I untangled myself from his grip and ran to the room.
Surprisingly, I found it in one go.

I quickly went to the shower and took a long deep bath to calm myself. I was now supposed to have breakfast with his mom. I just wish how I could bail myself out and disappear from here altogether.
Jake was so relaxed about the whole situation. Today I realised how these things are different for boys.