Some explaining to do

Next Morning
Emma's POV

I woke up with a severe headache and a very sore body as if hundreds of needles were pinned in me from head to toe.

As my eyes flickered open and I slowly came to my senses, I found myself lying on a comfortable bed wrapped in multiple layers of warm blankets in what seemed like a small cottage room.

The room was not very lit, there were no lights on, only some rays were illuminating from the window shut tightly on the right side of my bed, and a small fireplace ignited at the far corner that was dutifully keeping the space warm.

I could hear the rain pattering on the wooden roof. After I scanned my surroundings; I attempted to sit up straight.

My body was in pain, and that's when realisation hit me. I was naked too. There was not even a single cloth on, not even my underpants. I felt alarmed; I looked around to see where I was and how did I end up here. Fear was igniting inside me as I slowly tried to remember.

I was hiking and then was hit by a thunderstorm, and last I sat down beneath a tree as the rain became wild and harsh, not allowing me even to open my eyes.  It was freezing, and my body was numb, I could not even move my limbs when I finally passed out. I had no clue what happened after that. I tried hard to think but had zero memories of events that unfolded after that.

Panic struck me like another thunderstorm. I frantically searched around the bed to find any clothes, but nothing. Tears were now building in my eyes, and I was shivering like a dead leaf. I did not know what to think or expect.

What happened to me last night? How the hell was I here?

The soreness in my body and the headache thay dollowed made me dizzy. I closed my eyes and attempted to calm myself. Soon enough, I heard footsteps. I was both startled and scared; I was not alone here.

Of course, you were not alone. Someone must have gotten you here.

Feeling helpless, I tightened the blankets around my body making sure I was adequately covered and hid my face in my hands with my eyes shut, controlling myself from crying. I could feel somebody's presence in the room, but I dared not look up to see who it was.

I was so afraid of what could happen to me next. My trembling got worse. I cursed myself for my stupidity to get trapped in a situation like this. I wished all of this to be a bad dream, and if there could be a miracle that could just take me back home right away. I missed home. I missed mom and dad.
The person was now standing close. I closed my eyes shut, sensing how dangerous this could get. I felt a hand reaching my arm. I instantly started hitting it off. I was mindlessly screaming and pushing the other person away.

"Stay away from me. Stay away." I screamed and wept.

"Shhh... Relax Emma. It's me." I heard a male voice, and I felt terror. I continued screaming and did not stop hitting in his direction. This went on for minutes as he tried to say something, but I couldn't hear a word due to the non-stop yelps that filled the room now. Then suddenly he held both my hands in a tight grip, and even if I tried with all my energy, I couldn't get my hold free from him.

"It's me, Jake, Emma! Please relax and calm down." He jolted my body in an attempt to knock some sense into me. His hold on my wrists was still hard and intact.

The moment I heard his voice and name, I stopped struggling and opened my eyes in shock. It was him. It wasn't a dangerous rapist or worse, a murderer. It was Jake.

My eyes were already swollen from all the crying, but the moment I saw Jake sitting in front of me, I just let it all out. I was so overwhelmed and terrorised imagining what wrong could have happened with me. I cried for a long time, and he let me. He just sat there, comforting me silently with his hands placed in mine.