Pep Talk

Emma's POV

Life wasn't that bad after all. Your career is going well, and your family back home are doing just fine. Isn't this more than enough already? I was pep talking with myself, while walking down to the sub.

People have way too serious problems weighing down their shoulders, and yet here you are, whining over petty boy issues. What are you? Fucking thirteen?

A couple of people gave me strange stares watching me blabbering to myself. But I continued ranting, paying no heed to my audience around.

How can you forget to be thankful about how blessed your life already is? You really need to get a grip Ms. Carter. I rolled my eyes after reprimanding myself.

Minutes later, I decided to call my dad. Whenever I felt low, his words of wisdom helped me stay positive.

"Hi dad. How are you?"

"I am good baby girl. And just got better after listening to your voice."

"I just felt like talking to you, I had my first client meeting yesterday and it went really well, and Benjamin and Raina had their baby boy." I filled him in on the latest events.

"That's great Emma. Give my regards to Benjamin and his family. Why don't you come home this weekend? You can tell me all about your meeting, and we will all spend time together? Your mom will bake your favorite cake."

"Wow. That actually sounds like a great idea. Yes, I will be home Saturday morning dad. See you both soon." I hung up with a smile on my face.

I entered the office. I was running a little late today.

"Morning Britney. You are looking gorgeous, red is so your color."

"You don't look bad yourself Emma. Fresh as a daisy! How are you? How did it go yesterday?"

"It went fine I guess, I need to connect with Benjamin and give him details."

"Oh yes. He is already in, I am sure he is waiting for you."

"Alright, see you around lunch, we can eat together if you are free?"

Britney immediately agreed and I headed straight to my office. When I entered, I found Benjamin on his seat. He was hooked at his laptop screen.

"Good Morning Benjamin. Many congratulations again! How is Raina and our little boy doing?"

"Thank you, Emma. They are doing well. And Thank you really for stepping up on my behalf yesterday."

"No problem at all, it indeed is my job to assist you in all your client engagements. I actually want to fill you in on the details." I put my files on table to let Benjamin know of the Richmond proposal status.

"That won't be required." He said cutting me out. He was now walking towards me with a serious expression.

"I have news." He said sternly.

My mouth went dry looking at his piercing gaze. Did something go wrong? As far as I remembered, I had double checked every detail before finalizing the proposal yesterday, did I screw it up?

I was anxious and confused. If I really made a mistake, I can kiss this job goodbye.

Richmond's are S&M's biggest client and they won't allow any slips when it comes to them.

"We have heard from Richmond Corp. In fact, we heard directly from the CEO." He said while sitting on the chair next to me.

I was almost dizzy hearing this. Jacob spoke to Benjamin about yesterday's meeting?