At my door

Next Morning
NYC
Emma's POV

It was almost seven am when Jake dropped me home from the airport. "But I want to get back to work today. If you can, then why can't I?" I pouted.

"Because you need to rest. You were stuck in a storm Emma, you were unconscious for seventeen hours and then travelled for over fourteen hours" He held my face, cupped between his hands.

He took a deep breath and continued, "I can work in peace if I know you are alright. Don't be too hard on yourself; you can start work tomorrow. I will let the legal department be informed of your leave today."
Reluctantly I nodded and agreed to him. He gave me a soft kiss on lips and then I hugged him goodbye.

In reality, I felt like a complete mess, as soon as I reached my apartment. I took a long warm bath, and changed into my favourite shorts and spaghetti top. I was in front of the mirror, brushing my hair when I saw a deep red mark on my collar bone. Immediately vivid memories of my short make-out session with Jake filled my mind. I was feeling so turned on just by thinking about him.

Get a grip girl. I immediately shoved back all the sexy intimate thoughts to the back of my mind. After a while, I hit the bed with a big smile on my face and dozed off within minutes.

I woke up when it was already five pm in the evening. Crap. I really slept through the entire day.

I got up and dragged my lazy self to the kitchen and cooked some salad with garlic bread. After eating, I started unpacking my stuff, putting half of my clothes in the laundry; and organised my remaining things to where it usually was placed in my closet.

An hour or so later, I heard my doorbell ring.
I rushed to the door and found an exhausted Jake with a small bag in his hand.

"Where have you been, Emma? I have been worried, sick."

"Well. Hello to you too, Jake." I instantly gave him a tight hug. His stiff posture relaxed, and he hugged me back.

I would be lying if I say I wasn't expecting him here, a part of me knew and wanted him to come over. I was overjoyed to find him at my door.

"You look so tired. Did you have a long day?" I asked him while pulling out of the hug and looking in his eyes.

"Please come in. I am sorry my place is not in the best shape at the moment." I strode in and started keeping things in their place, making room for him to sit comfortably.

"Hey. Shh! Relax. It's me. You don't have to put up a show for me. I like everything about you. When you are with me, nothing else matters." He gave me a warm hug again.

After minutes, he stepped back, his eyes trailing down my body. He was completely checking me out. Suddenly his gaze got stuck on my collarbone. I could see mischief in his eyes, a smirk forming up his lips.

"Did I mark you already?" He chuckled.

I was embarrassed now, "Umm... Why don't you sit, I will get you some water." I immediately rushed to the kitchen, dodging his question and hiding my flushed cheeks.

As soon as I got back, Jake took my hand and made me sit close to him, "I asked you to buy a phone, Emma? You do realise that you are totally unreachable without a phone? Don't you?"

"I know Jake. I am sorry, I slept in all day, and then I started unpacking and lost track of time. I just couldn't go out."

"Sleepyhead." He chuckled while nudging my nose with his finger.

"Hey, don't blame me. I was exhausted. I am glad you made me skip work today". I was snuggling in him now, his arms around my shoulders.

He placed the bag he was carrying in my hands and gestured me to open it.