His Girlfriend

Emma's POV

Monday morning came sooner than expected. The world was still deep in slumber when I woke up and got dressed to catch possibly the first scheduled flight of the day. I rushed to the airport, creating mental notes of all the possible things I could have forgotten, and after checking all my belongings for the hundredth time, I entered the queue to my airline stall. As promised, Mark greeted me with a smile as he was already present in the main lobby.

"Hey Emma, all set?" Being the courteous lad he was, he offered to help me with the luggage.

He looked different. Good different. He was wearing a basic light-green round neck cardigan that inched perfectly on his toned upper body, along with casual brown pants. He was a delight to eyes, and I felt staggered to not notice before how good looking he actually was.

"Wow, Mark, you should dress casually more often. It suits you more."

"Thanks for the compliment Emma, you look amazing yourself. Come, let's get ourselves checked-in."

Mark was vibrant and energetic, unlike my grumpy self. He sure looked like a morning person. There were also two other members from his legal team that were joining us for the meeting.

We all boarded our flight and were seated in business class, the perks of working in an esteemed organisation like Richmond Corp. The flight was very comfortable, and I slept for the majority part of it. Soon, we reached the company's arranged hotel, which was also the venue for all the business conference meetings and parties.

It was a beautiful hotel with extravagant and luxurious interiors. We were given our rooms, and I decided to stay in my room to settle in and relax after the long hours of travel. I ordered in-room dining for dinner, and after unpacking a bit, I hit the bed.

The next morning, we all convened at the conference hall for the opening ceremony. The entire top management from both Windsons and Richmonds were present.
Mr David Windson was the CEO of Windson Inc. He looked like a powerful and sharp man roughly in his mid-thirties. Whereas, Jake looked way younger, but still intimidating nevertheless.

The moment I saw Jake, my world stuck again, his presence alone emanated prominence. He looked confident and well composed, but there was something about his personality that made his opponents feel alarmed, he wasn't the one to be taken lightly. I never thought Jake could appear this dangerous just by the looks of it. As the meeting progressed, I caught him staring at me a couple of times, which made me highly uncomfortable. I chose not to look at him and just focus on the proceedings.

The entire day went by, and it was time for the dinner party.

I went back to my room, freshened up and got ready. I was wearing a navy blue short business dress paired with black heels. I tied my hair in a sleek pony and applied some light make up to finish my look.
After glancing in the mirror for one last time, I went down to the dining hall.

As soon as I entered, I saw Mark smiling and talking to his colleagues.

"You are looking beautiful Emma." Mark complimented me with most genuine expressions.

"Thank you, Mark," a small blush that crept my face.

While others excused us, I was mainly left in his company, and we talked about the deal and other business-related things.

Suddenly, Mark became attentive and greeted someone from behind me. I turned around and saw it was none other than Mr CEO himself. And he wasn't alone; an extremely good looking girl had her arm entangled in his, as they walked towards us.

This girl looked straight out of the runway like some famous model. With her closeness with Jake, they looked like they were more than business associates.
I felt uneasy. I did not like her holding his arm. Fury and rage seemed like the only known emotions at the moment, and if given a chance, I could rip her perfectly toned arm from his strong muscular ones, without any mercy.