Chapter Fourty-five

Demi caused one hell of a ruckus as she left the arena after Raw, actually she was escorted by security since she thought it would be a good idea to scream and throw furniture at everyone she passed. Meanwhile the rest of the divas and I lined the exit waving goodbye and blowing her fake kisses, we were all glad to be seeing the back of her.

*******

I laid sprawled out on the sofa watching re runs of some show about vampires when Roman appeared behind the sofa with the phone in his hand and a hard look on his face.

"It's for you"

There was a slight harsh tone to his voice which made me curious as to who was on the other end

"It's Orton"

He spoke through gritted teeth as he handed me the phone, immediately I took it from him and pressed it to my ear, what on earth could he want?

"Randy?"

After a second of silence he spoke up

"Hey Mia, I'm sorry for bothering you but uh your dad turned up on my doorstep an hour ago looking for you. He doesn't look too good, I'm pretty sure he's relapsed"

I felt my heart sink in my chest as he spoke, my dad and I had always had a strained relationship due to his substance abuse but the last time I saw him he was getting help. Nobody besides Seth and Randy knew what my dad was like and it took a lot of effort and help from them last time he relapsed to get him clean and back on his feet

"I'm sorry he turned up there? I guess that's my fault, I haven't spoken to him in a while"

Roman was still standing behind the sofa looking down at me with a puzzled expression

"It's cool Mia, he's asleep at the moment but I just thought it best to call and see if you wanted me to arrange anything"

I felt bad, I couldn't expect Randy to deal with my dad since we were no longer together.

"No its fine I'll uh catch the next available flight out and come get him, if you could just keep an eye on him until I get there please"

I was already on my feet with my eyes glued to Roman, I knew he most definitely was not going to like what I was about to do

"Sure no problem, I'll see you in a couple hours"

Once I hung up the phone I winced at Romans glaring stare

"What was that all about?"

I moved so I was standing in front of him and put my arms around his waist hoping to ease the tension

"My dad, he uh turned up on Randy's doorstep looking for me"

He raised his eyebrows waiting for me to elaborate further so I continued

"My dad has had issues with drug addiction in the past and from the sounds of it he's relapsed, I need to go get him"

I could feel Romans body tensing up and from his expression I knew he would protest

"I'm coming with you"

I knew that was coming and although his support would be great I had to do this alone, I didn't want the first time he and my dad met to be under these circumstances.

"Babe I love you and I'm glad you want to help but I need to do this alone okay, I need to sort my dad out on my own, please"

He stayed silent for a few seconds but eventually his shoulders dropped and I knew he was giving in

"Fine baby but I still don't like the fact you'll be with Orton alone"

Pulling away from him I crossed my arms over my chest and glared at him

"Do you not trust me? I'm not going there to see Randy, I'm going for my dad"

He raised his hands in defeat and pecked me on the lips

"I trust you baby, it's him I don't trust and I understand you need to go alone and I respect that. I love you Mia so you do what you have to just remember I'm here if you need me"

He always knew just what to say to make me feel better

"I love you too babe, I am the luckiest girl in the world to have someone as amazing as you"

***

Delta airlines flight 315 to St Louis Missouri is now boarding from gate 12

Roman gripped my hand firmly as we made our way to the departure gate, I'd managed to book a flight and be at the airport within 2 hours of Randys call and in all honesty I was anxious. Anxious about being away from my man and anxious about seeing my dad and explaining what's been going on. He and Randy were pretty close when we were together so I wasn't sure how he'd react when he finds out about Randys indiscretions.

"Call me as soon as you land okay baby girl"

Roman murmured in my ear as he pulled me close, I immediately wrapped my arms around his neck returning his affection

"Of course babe. I love you and I'll see you in a couple days"

As I boarded the plane I couldn't help feel a little drained, just when I thought things were going to settle down after all the drama with Demi something else comes along. I just pray my dads okay and I can help him get better.

Hey guys, sorry it's taken so long to update. I spent my xmas and new years holiday by the beach without wifi and I've had some personal stuff going on but I'll try my best to update more often.