Chapter Forty

There will be an R rated version of this chapter for all my fans who keep asking lol. Enjoy

"It's been pretty quiet since battleground, I'm not sure whether I should be happy or worried"

I sighed as I dropped onto the sofa beside Roman. Ever since I beat Demis ass at battleground two weeks ago she had been keeping a low profile and doing her best to stay out of the spotlight. It was a good thing but I still had this niggling feeling that she was up to something.

"Baby stop being paranoid"

He chuckled as he pulled my legs onto his lap, I threw him a glare but kept quiet. We were at home for a few days before we had to head back out on the road to begin promotion for Summerslam, so far the divas match hadn't been confirmed but I was sure I'd be defending my title.

"You know how damn good you look in those baby"

Roman groaned as he slid his hand up my thigh to squeeze my butt, since we were at home I liked to be comfortable and free and that meant wearing panties and one of Romans shirts. Hey if I wasn't entertaining guests so why dress up or wear pants for that matter?

"Seriously babe? My legs are still aching from last night"

I giggled as he began to slide my panties down my legs, he had an insatiable sexual appetite and the stamina to match.

***

"I swear to god I could fall asleep right now and sleep for days"

I groaned as I snuggled into Romans side, he had worn me out and I was near exhausted.

"Don't forget we're going to dinner at my folks tonight"

I jolted up and stared down at him, shoot I had totally forgot about dinner. I had met his parents and siblings before but tonight was a big family get together. I quickly checked the time on my phone and shot up off the sofa

"Damn it babe its 5 o clock, dinners at six. Get up we have to get ready"

I was on the edge of panicking, I got on really well with his family but still I wanted to make a good impression and be on time. Roman continued to lay there spread out butt naked

"Don't worry baby girl, i guarantee if we are late we won't be the only ones relax"

He was probably right but still I jogged upstairs and jumped in the shower.

***

"Oh Mia it's so good to see you honey, I hope my son is looking after"

Romans mom pulled me into a big hug as soon as we entered her house. He stood beside us playfully rolling his eyes

"Of course I am Ma"

She pulled him into her arms and pressed a kiss to his cheek before taking me by the hand and leading me into the kitchen where she got me straight into stirring pots and flipping food in pans.

"Good to see you Mia, wheres that big lughead brother of mine?"

Romans sister asked as we embraced in a hug, as if on cue Roman appeared at the door with a beer in his hand

"I'm right here sis and I know you didn't just call me a lughead"

They both began to laugh as they embraced then he made his way around greeting more family members.

"We just need to dish those two pots up then we're ready to go honey"

Ro's mom said as she began filling serving dishes with steaming hot food. I absolutely adored her cooking, even though it went straight to the hips it was totally worth every single bite.

"Come on Mia honey. Roman you can bless the food"

I followed after Momma Reigns carrying a dish to the table where his family were gathered. Taking a seat beside him we all joined hands as he blessed the food then immediately dug in once he was done.

"Ugh this is so good, I'm going to have to hit the gym all day tomorrow to burn it all off"

I moaned as I shoveled food into my mouth, Roman sat beside me chuckling as he ate.

***

"Come on baby girl let's head home, I want to make a detour on the way"

Roman murmured in my ear. We had cleared up after dinner and hung out for a bit and it was getting pretty late so I agreed and we headed around to bid everyone farewell.

"So where are we headed big guy"

We had been driving for a few minutes when he pulled into a small lay by overlooking the sea. It was absolutely beautiful with the stars twinkling above us. He sat up on the hood and pulled me up so I was sitting between his legs, the sound of crashing waves soothed me as I snuggled against him.

"It's beautiful babe"

I sighed contently

"I used to come here a lot when I needed to get my head straight, there's actually another reason I brought you here"

Suddenly I grew nervous, wasvhe going to break up with me? He climbed out from behind me and slid off the hood, a serious expression on his face.

"I had this whole speech planned but damn it I've forfotten every word I had planned so I'll make it simple"

Oh my god is he?

"Mia baby, will you marry me?"

My heart and brain went into overdrive as I tried to let his words sink in. Suddenly thoughts if Randy and what he did to me flashed through my mind and I could feel my eyes quickly filling with tears, I couldn't go through all that again. Fear began to consume me and I said the one thing I could think of

"I'm sorry Roman I can't"