Chapter Fifty-Eight

"I hear congratulations are in order"

I turned in my chair as Hunter strolled into his temporary arena where I was sharing my engagement news with Stephanie.

"I just passed the big guy in the locker room. I'm happy for you two"

Getting to my feet I gave him a hug

"Thanks boss"

I'd already discussed my decision to take time off and she was extremely supportive since she knew exactly what it was like to have a loved one injured.

"Mia and I have agreed that she'll take some time off but she will return for Survivor series, hopefully by then she'll be in a better position to return full time"

As Steph explained our agreement to him he nodded thoughtfully

"Sounds good to me, enjoy you're time off Mia and I guess we'll see you in a few weeks unless something comes up that needs your urgent attention and in that case we'll call you"

I gave him a handshake and Steph a hug before heading out to find Roman and share my news with my fellow wrestlers. As I made my way through an empty corridor I was cut off by a large figure that stepped out in front of me blocking my path. When I looked up I jumped in fright to see Kane glaring menacingly at me.

"I've finally got you on your own, you and those hounds have been nothing but a burden to me, costing me my position within the authority. What better way to hurt them than to hurt you"

I began to back away quickly but he reached out snatching the front of my shirt, now i was in panic mode. I took a swing at his face but he caught my wrist stopping me before I could connect. Without thinking I swung a left hook, he wasn't expecting that so when it landed the diamond ring on my finger cut quite a nasty gash across his cheek.

"AAH YOU BITCH"

Kane shrieked as he reached for his face, that gave me a chance to escape so that's what I did, I turned and ran as fast as I could.

"I'll get you Mia, you're dead"

I could hear Kanes feet pounding against the ground as he ran after me and I was absolutely terrified. I could hear him gaining on me and as I rounded a corner I ran into somebody, looking up I saw that it was Trips and he looked confused to see me.

"Help me please"

I begged just as I heard Kane round the corner. Trips immediately pulled me behind him and glared at the former director of operations who now had blood flowing down his face

"What the hell is going on here?"

I could feel tears streaming down my face as I clung to Trips jacket trying desperately to calm down.

"He attacked me out of nowhere, he's deranged"

Kane began to back off as the boss man pulled his phone from his pocket and dialled a number

"I need security sent to my office and the police called. I want Kane arrested"

I was relieved to here the words meanwhile Kane glared even harder at me growling as Trips hung up his phone.

"You've gone too far this time, you're suspended pending an investigation but I'm letting you know now there is a 98% chance you will not be working for this company once that investigation is over"

At that very moment Roman, Dean and Seth appeared from the far end of the corridor with security following behind them. Security rushed past my boys and immediately swarmed Kane leading him away from me, I kept my eyes glued to Roman and the realization that something was wrong was clear in his eyes.
I rushed over to him and fell into his arms while Hunter explained what had happened, that made Roman tense angrily and Seth and Dean move to follow Kane

"Guys stop! Don't do it, he'll be dealt with appropriately. Just get Mia home okay"

Thankfully the guys listened to Hunter and backed off but I could feel Roman tensing angrily, his grip on my body getting tighter and tighter.

"Baby please can we just go. I just want to go home"

The quivering in my voice seemed to catch his attention and he kissed my head softly

"Come on baby I got you"

I was still shaking and one thought was running continuously through my head, what would Kane have done to me if I hadn't got away?

"Did he hurt you baby?"

I could still hear and feel the anger he exuded as Seth and Dean drove us to the airport.

"No I'm okay, I got him though"

I replied holding my hand out in front of me, my engagement ring was stained with blood so I quickly removed it and tried to clean it as best as I could.

"I promise baby, I'll never let him get near you again"

As I curled into his side all I could think about was how much I was looking forward to getting as far away from Kane as possible.