Chapter Fifty-Seven

Roman and I laid face to face naked and tangled in the sheets. We'd spent the last three hours since he proposed getting reacquainted as best as we could without doing more damage to his already injured body.

"I didn't mean what I said Mia"

Roman murmured as he twisted his fingers in my hair, my eyebrows furrowed as I looked up at him. What did that mean?

"I'd give up anything, even if it cost me a title or my career to take care of you. I will always put you first no matter what"

My stomach filled with butterflies as he spoke and I snuggled further into his chest kissing his bare skin.

"I love you future husband"

I giggled as I waved my hand in front of me, it still felt surreal that I was engaged again but I knew this time it felt absolutely right and I knew Roman would be the one I spent the rest of my life with.

"Mia-Rose Reigns, it sounds perfect"

Damn right it sounded perfect. As I lay in his arms admiring the simple diamond on my finger I thought back to when he proposed to me last time and I turned him down, at the time it didn't feel right and even though it really wasn't that long ago a lot had happened since then and everything felt different.

"Hey I forgot to tell you I'm proud of you baby, you did good in the ring tonight. It may not have been the outcome we wanted but you were amazing nevertheless"

Romans statement brought me back down to earth, I'd lost my title tonight. I was so happy about being back with him and getting engaged I'd completely pushed it from my thoughts.

"I got distracted, I wasn't focussed and I let my guard down"

I sighed quietly as I buried my face in his shoulder

"I'm sorry baby, I know it's because of me and my shitty attitude. I cost you the title"

The guilt was thick in his voice but I just wanted to forget all about the title for now.

"Babe stop! What's done is done okay, I'm not mad at you I just want to focus on us. Besides it just means I can take some time off and take care of you"

Roman chuckled as he slid his thigh between mine and pulled me flush against him

"You win baby girl!"

****************

Who the hell was banging at the door?

I tapped Roman on the shoulder trying to coax him to answer the door which someone was pounding on but as usual he wouldn't budge.

"I'll be right there, damn"

I called as I stumbled out of bed pulling the closest blanket around me. The knocking ceased but I had a feeling whoever it was was still there. As I peered through the peephole I was surprised to see Randy standing there.

Shit!

I did my best to secure the blanket tightly around my body before pulling the door open

"Hey Randy"

I greeted my ex who was standing there caught off guard by my appearance.

"Uh hey Mia, I uh just wanted to see if you're okay after last night. You got out of the building pretty fast"

Naturally Roman chose that very moment to appear behind me pressing his hard body against mine

"Orton"

It was a simple greeting that had Randy looking even more surprised than before, then his eyes landed on my hand that was holding the blanket around me or more specifically the diamond ring sitting on my finger.

"I guess congratulations are in order"

To my own complete shock he held out his hand. The two men shook hands quickly

"thanks, and thank you for looking out for Mia at Raw last week"

Randy simply nodded and gave me a small wave before walking away. Meanwhile Roman pushed the door closed and wrapped his arms around me

"Well that was awkward"

I said as I turned to face him, it was then I realized he was completely naked still.

"Really babe? Put some clothes on would you. I want to go see Seth and Dean and tell them our amazing news and I need food"

Once we were both showered and ready to go I called the guys to meet us for breakfast then we headed down to checkout. The plan was to head to the arena for Raw and to talk to Steph about taking time off. Since I was no longer divas champ I didn't have as many obligations and I could give the other divas a chance to fight for the title before I make a comeback to reclaim it. Right now my man was my main priority and since he told me surgery would definitely be happening he was more important to me than trying to get my title back. That would still happen, all in good time.

************

"Engaged? Damn! Congratulations guys I'm happy for ya"

Dean pulled Roman and I in for a hug as I flashed my ring to him and Seth who strangely was standing off to the side and had yet to say a word, his eyebrows were furrowed as he looked between Roman and I

"So you two are okay now? You made up. It's been pretty horrible seeing the closest thing I have to a sister an emotional wreck these last few weeks"

His words were directed at Roman who looked guilty again, I knew Seth was just looking out for me and I appreciated it immensely.

"I messed up big time I know and I'll spend the rest of my life making it up to her, I'm sorry brother to you and Dean as well"

Just like that Seth broke into a huge grin as he pulled us in for a group hug

"I love you guys, I'm happy for you two. Finally going to put the ball and chain on him huh Mia"

Seth and Dean laughed while Roman winced

"Come on guys, that won't happen"

I playfully nudged him in the ribs and blew him a kiss

"Oh you bet I am. Your ass is my mine Reigns, For life"