|Chapter 60: The Phantom Thieves reunite and the final calling card|

You awoke feeling a bit energized and ready for this day, you jumped out from the bed but noticed that you were stepping on Akira's face.

"Oh! I'm so sorry...!" You apologized.

"A great way to start the day, I was hoping to be woken up at any time given." Akira laughed.

You all met up at the down stairs of Leblanc, while planning out everything you all discussed on plans you had and what to do.

"Are you alright (y/n)? You seem to space out every minute." Akechi asked.

"Y-Yeah...! It's just, it feels strange to finally return back here. I'm not used this whole thing but being a part of you guys again feels nice." You nodded.

"Is that so? Well then, I hope you look forward to it." Akechi smiled.

"Don't be trickin her with your nice guy persona, you know who you are Akechi." Ryuji frowned.

"Yes... I do know, in fact she probably knows the real me too." Akechi nodded.

You all made final decisions and entered Maruki's palace. You had your Phantom Thief outfit on you this time.

"I'm coming for you Takuto, I'm going to bring you back..." You said to yourself.

"You really are determined, can't say I'm impressed but if I were in someone else's shoes I'd feel envious that a girl would show that much love for me." Akechi said.

You saw Ann bonk Akechi on the head with her weapon.

"Akechi...! Don't say such a thing!" Ann frowned.

"Don't worry, maybe you'd find someone like that someday." You said.

You all continued to explore around the palace and even defeat shadows. It was crazy how Akechi went from nice guy to an insane manic who would just yell out how pathetic or weak the shadows were. Pretty crazy alright...

~~Maruki's pov~~

"Sir Maruki, we have intruders again. It's the Phantom Thieves and... your beloved (y/n)." A shadow said to me.

I sighed deeply but knew that this day would eventually come. The day (y/n) would go against me and my desire to change the world.

"...Keep on fighting them, find them and capture them. Even if it's (y/n) I want you to attack her. We mustn't let anyone get in the way of my plans." I said.

The shadow left my room as I sighed deeply.

"(y/n).... So we're going to have a war now. Well then... I won't spare you anymore. We're going have to face each other as enemies. As much as I don't want to do this I have no choice..." I muttered to myself.

I stood up and prepared myself in case I was next in line to fight against.

"And so... I'm coming." I shut the door and walked out.

~~(y/n)'s pov~~

It was pretty stressful just battling, you were getting tired but you weren't easily going to give up on this. You continued to push yourself further and eventually arrived into a room.

You were presented with Maruki standing in that room. You felt a little bad, you wanted to go up to him and hug him.

You were about to walk forth when a hand stopped you.

"I recommend you don't go." Akira said.

You looked over at him.

You saw Maruki turn around with a sad look on his face.

"I don't like violence... I really don't. I don't want to fight you all." Maruki looked over at you in which he seemed a lot more hesitant.

He began to summon out his persona and so a fight happened. You were all winning due to the fact that everyone had trained well, you on the other hand felt a little bit more hesitant. Once you all defeated Maruki he stood there.

"I'm not going to give... Give up....!" Maruki looked a bit not like himself. Like an uncontrollable monster.

"Stop this now Takuto!" You yelled across the room.

"I... I can't... I..." Maruki retreated, vanishing without being seen anywhere.

"Did he seriously run away...?!" Ann looked in surprise.

"Stupid effin' coward...! Show yourself and fight us like the man you're supposed to be!" Ryuji yelled looking around with his weapon in hand.

You put your hand on Ryuji's shoulder and nodded in disagreement.

"Please don't, just leave him alone." You sighed.

You all returned to your world, everyone had returned home except for you, Akechi, and Akira. You saw that Akira was holding a calling card in his hand.

"Is that for Takuto...?" You asked.

"I asked that he meet me over here, we'll be talking and soon I'll pull out this calling card." Akira nodded.

"I suggest you don't be here, it'll get too emotional if you're here." Akechi mentioned.

"You're right..." You sighed.

You went up stairs acting like you did but you poked your head a little to see if Maruki would show up and to your surprise he did. He came there with his winter clothes on, not looking like palace Maruki anymore.

You wanted to come up him and ask him questions and even hug him but you would ruin the moment and get emotional. You heard him talking to Akira and Akechi his face going from a smile to a sad look.

"Is she here? Can I see her?" Maruki asked.

By her does he mean me...?

"Not so fast, remember you are the bad guy. We don't know your motives but even so I advise you to stay away." Akechi said.

"I understand..." Maruki looked upset.

Akira handed Maruki the calling card.

"Is this... One of those calling cards...? Never thought the day where I would get my own. Well then, if you're going to change my heart I'll be waiting. Find me while you still can." Maruki said.

You can see that he felt a bit nervous and protective of himself. It looks like he is now going to raise the security level for his palace and secure it. Finally the timing is just about to come.