|Chapter 19: Trying to get over you|

It's about time you finally got over Maruki, you can't help but think of him so much it even tortures you just having these feelings for him when you know it's not going to happen.

You decided to call Ann, Makoto, and Futaba to have a little sleep over at your place in which the first to arrive was Futaba.

"Thanks for inviting me over Y/N!" Futaba smiled.

"No problem, do you know when the others are going to arrive?" You asked.

"Not sure.." Futaba looked down.

You heard someone knock on the door in which you quickly went to open it and saw Ann and Makoto. Ann was wearing something nice and she even brought a cute looking bag with her. As for Makoto she looked comfortable and brought a bag that looked like she was going fitness training or something.

"Now that we're all here let's enjoy ourselves!" You nodded.

Makoto began to cook for you all.

"Hey Makoto, how about I join you too?" You asked.

"Sure!" Makoto nodded.

You at least learned a little bit of cooking skills out of Makoto. You both made some takoyaki, once you finished it you all tried it. It wasn't the best but this was your first time.

If only I could ask Maruki to show me how to cook...

You thought about how Maruki cooked that last time during the whole service hour park thingy. From what you know he can cook his own dinner.

"Thinking about someone?" Ann asked.

"H-Huh...? Me? N-No... As if..." You faked a smile.

"Speaking of thinking about someone... We should talk about boys! Let's start with you Makoto! Any interests?" Ann asked.

"This is lame... I thought we already did this in another book..." Futaba sighed.

You all looked at Futaba.

"What? I'm just saying..." Futaba looked away.

"I think I'm sort of interested in Akira. I haven't really thought about it but he's kind." Makoto smiled.

"Wooooo go Makoto...! Having a crush for Akira!" Ann cheered.

All of you cheered on Makoto.

"What about you Futaba? Any boy? What about Yusuke?" Ann asked.

"Inari is so dumb! He won't even pay attention to a girl instead focus on a lobster or art!" Futaba frowned.

"What about you Y/N? Have a crush on anyone?" Ann looked at you.

"M-Me...?! Huh... I haven't really thought about it..." You lied.

You didn't want to admit your feelings for someone older than you and not just that but Makoto and Ann know who Maruki is.

"Is that so...? Is it Ryuji?" Ann asked.

"No way!" You laughed.

"How about Mishima?" Makoto asked.

"Nope, not telling." You smiled.

Futaba looked at you suspiciously.

"Maybe I was interested in someone but I'm trying to get over them... I mean there's no way I can continue to have feelings for them..." You looked down.

"Alright...! Who is it?! I am going to beat them up for not realizing how beautiful you are!" Ann raised her fist up in the air.

"Ann don't, conflict is bad but... If it's for Y/N we are doing this...!" Makoto clenched her fists.

"I can't fight but I can provide support!" Futaba cheered on.

"No no! There's no need for violence...!" You nervously smiled.

"I still love him but it's hard to get over him... I was going to ask if you girls have any advice or so." You asked.

The girls all looked at you.

"I suggest you play otome games! I've never had a boyfriend to crush but falling for 2d men are better than having a crush...!" Futaba smirked.

"Otome games...?" Makoto and Ann asked.

"Oh, I've heard of that! Isn't that where you play some visual novel game where you're in a harem with at least a number of boys and date one of them?" You said.

"Correct! You're smart Y/N, we could make a power team with otome games!" Futaba smirked again.

"No thanks, fake guys aren't worth it." Ann frowned.

"Oh come on! But they never cheat on you or make you feel upset about your feelings for them." Futaba pouted.

"They could cheat by another girl choosing the guy you were dating." Makoto laughed.

"REALLY...?! OKAY THATS IT I'M BREAKING UP WITH MY OTOME HUSBAND FOR GOOD!" Futaba yelled.

All of you laughed as Futaba said that.

"Y/N, my suggestion is for you to go for that crush of yours. Tell him how you feel one day and that's where the road will take you. Although if he rejects you let me know his address and everything so I can give him a nice beating!" Ann smirked.

"You really are a rose with thorns." Makoto teased.

"They don't call me the beauty queen for no reason!" Ann stood up.

"Just remember to be yourself Y/N, don't let another act of you take over and make sure you're there and honest with him." Makoto nodded.

"And then when he's into you go for the big smooch!" Futaba laughed.

Your face turned pink.

"I don't even want to think of that..." You said.

"Oh come on, we all know that when you have a crush you wanna kiss them so badly." Futaba laughed.

"That's not how it works Futaba..." Ann mentioned.

"O-Oh... Okay..." Futaba looked down.

You pat Futaba in the head, still thanking her.

You all went to sleep, you let Makoto and Ann have your room while you and Futaba stayed in the living room.

"Hey Y/N, are you sure you aren't hiding something deep as to who you like?" Futaba asked.

"No? Why?" You looked at Futaba with a smile.

"You sound like you really want to be with this person but something is stopping you? What's stopping you? Do they have a girlfriend? Are they married? Is it an age gap?" Futaba guessed.

"Umm..." You looked down.

"I'm only joking, you don't have to tell me." Futaba laughed.

The two of you ended up going to sleep. You thought about how you could find ways to get over him or maybe even get a chance to confess.