|Chapter 25: So... No more of that huh?|

You returned to school since summer vacation was now over. You didn't really want to hang out with anyone nor talk to anyone ever since that incident with Maruki. Things were awkward between the two of you and it's just best to forget all about everything.

You spent the time focusing in class and even studying a bit to yourself.

"Hey Y/N, wanna hang out with-" Before Ryuji can say a word you walked away quickly.

You heard him say "Man, what's her problem?" while you walked away.

You headed for the same place that you usually eat your lunch at, near the courtyard and vending machines. That one corner. You sat down and thought about everything that had just happened yesterday. You received a message from none other than Maruki.

"Y/N, can we talk?" Maruki sent.

You ignored his message and instead blocked him. There was no way you were going to deal with this right after everything between the two of you was bad.

You saw Maruki walking around looking for someone. You hid at the corner but he found you right away.

"Y/N...! I was looking all over for you..! Can we ta-"

You pushed him aside and ran off without saying a word. 

Why am I doing this...? Just because I couldn't simply accept the fact that he won't love me back? Just because everything became awkward between the both of us...?

You went into the library and studied there the whole lunch until classes started. You ran into class so you wouldn't bump into Maruki. There was no way you could anyways after that whole thing that had happened yesterday.

~~Maruki's pov~~

She ran away from me... Is it because of what happened? I want to atone for what happened. That was awkward between the two of us I get that but I never intended to hurt her. I wish I had told her something else or stayed a bit longer. I just made things bad between the two of us...

I sighed and walked back to my office, the begging of a new semester for her and the others and yet I had made things worse for her day back at school. What should I even do...?

~~Y/N's pov~~

After school you spent some time helping out Ms. Kawakami. You then were about to head home and noticed some girls hanging around Maruki.

I'm not jealous, I'm not jealous, I'm not jealous. Please go away thoughts.

You passed by Maruki and notice him stare at you. You made sure to make a run for it so he wouldn't chase after you. You ended up taking the train back home but instead of going home you went to Leblanc. Akira wasn't home yet, he was probably hanging around with his friends.

"Ah you're ba- oh, good afternoon Y/N." Sojiro said.

"....Good afternoon Mr. Sakura." You answered back and sat down.

"What's wrong kiddo? You sound like you just got broken up with." Sojiro asked you.

"M-Me...?! Broken up..?! Hah, I don't even have a boyfriend!" You smiled with confidence on you.

"How come? A girl like you who's pretty would probably have boys swooning over you. I had this conversation with Takamaki once." Sojiro mentioned.

"Boys are such a drag sometimes..." You sighed.

"It wouldn't hurt to give it a try, who is this boy you like anyways?" Sojiro questioned.

"Someone, I don't really want to talk about it." You pouted.

"Just know that you are important, if you ever need any comfort or someone to talk to. Sojiro's here. Think of me as another way of comfort." Sojiro smiled.

You were starting to feel as if Sojiro were some sort of father figure to you that you didn't have but suddenly came to you.

"What about you Mr. Sakura? You have any love experiences before?" You asked.

"Me? So now we're talking about me? I guess I'll comply, when I was around Akira's age and in high school hooo boy, I had a lot of girls after me. I was very good looking and such a kind man but I only had eyes for one woman. Her name was Wakaba, who happens to be Futaba's mother." Sojiro winked.

"What do I do if I like someone older than me?" You questioned.

"Someone older? Like a third year student or..?" Sojiro sipped some tea.

"Older, like an adult or something." You said.

Sojiro spit out his tea as his eyes widened. He stared at you in shock.

"I didn't know you were into THAT kind of stuff." Sojiro looked at you.

"I'm not...! I just happened to like someone who's at least older than me." You said without feeling disappointment.

"Akira used to tell me stories about how he fell for his teacher once! His teacher! I couldn't believe a thing but if that's what he wanted he should've went for it. Let me guess, you fell for your own teacher as well." Sojiro laughed.

"He's not really a teacher, he's a school psychologist and he also happens to be my friend.." You added.

"Oh... I see... Well I used to find my teacher a bit cute as well but that never got anywhere. I say you should go for it but try not to show it in public unless you're old enough by the time. I think you should hear him out on what he has to say to you. If he rejects you, try to become friends again or uh maybe just ditch him for good if that's what you think." Sojiro gave you advice.

"Thank you dad- I mean uh Mr. Sakura!" You nervously smiled.

I can't believe I just called him dad on accident...! He seems so much like a father figure to me!

"Dad? Okay daughter, you should go home now before your mother gets mad." Sojiro went along with it, laughing about it.

You nodded and went home thinking about what he had told you. Maybe you should try to hear out what Maruki has to say.