|Chapter 41: Distance|

You know I love you more than anything Y/N....

You opened your eyes and awoke from a nap.

"Ughh... My head hurts..." You rubbed your eyes.

You got up and walked over to your living room to see your mother sitting there, talking to a doctor. It was that same doctor from when you were sick the other time. Akira was also there.

"What's going on?" You asked.

Your mother freaked out and ran up to hug you.

"Oh...! My poor baby...! I thought you would have never woken up...!" Your mother began to cry.

"Huh? What are you talking about??" You asked.

"How did you not have a clue? You've been asleep for a lot of days." Doctor Takemi said.

"For days??? What even happened to me??" You asked.

"I tried to check you but you seemed perfectly healthy, there was no condition or anything wrong with your body... By any chance were you stressed out?" Doctor Takemi asked.

"I don't know... I can't remember anything... All I remember is waking up..." You looked down.

"Well try not to over work yourself, make sure you stay in doors and if you're ever feeling tired go take a nap. Just make sure you don't end up taking another more days nap." Doctor Takemi walked away.

Akira looked at you strangely.

"By any chance were you sick or anything?" Akira asked.

"I don't know... I can't even remember." You said.

"Nothing comes to your mind? Not even what you last did before you had suddenly slept for days?" Akira questioned.

"No, nothing. When I try to remember my head hurts... It's so strange..." You looked upset.

"You don't have to force yourself to, take your time." Akira said.

"I want to see Takuto... Where is he?" You asked.

"I haven't really seen him so I'm not sure, maybe he's preoccupied with stuff." Akira said.

"Man this sucks.!!! I really want to see him...! It feels like I haven't seen him for such a long time!" You frowned.

"You can't go out, not until you feel better." Akira said.

"Can you at least tell him to visit me or something... I'm going to feel lonely without him-"

It was then something came to you, you remembered something. Warm hands, warm gentle hands touching your face. You saw a vision of some hands on your face.

"Y/N??? Y/N...!" Akira's voice yelled out to you.

Such gentle warm hands... I wonder who it's from... It makes me feel like wanting to have them close to me at all times... It puts me at ease.

You suddenly came to your mind as you noticed Akira. He looked worried.

"Huh...? What's up Akira?" You asked.

"Y/N, do you mind I bring you to the next mementos? I want to see something for myself." Akira asked.

"Sure?" You nodded.

He grabbed your arm and took you outside to the train station at Shibuya, he then took his phone out and the two of you were now at the mementos.

"I see now..." Akira looked down.

"What's wrong??" You questioned.

Akira pulled out a mirror from his pocket and showed you your reflection. Your mask was cracked.

"M-My mask...!" You took your mask off to see a crack in between it. Somehow it didn't summon your persona.

"What happened to my mask...?! Was I fighting something?!" You questioned.

"Let's go back." Akira said.

The two of you returned back to the normal world.

"I can't believe this happened... My mask is cracked..." You looked down.

"Could it be that you fought something that had caused this whole thing?" Akira looked at you.

"I don't know... I can't remember I just..." You ran back home, leaving Akira behind.

You saw Maruki sitting there in the living room with a smile on his face.

"Ta... Takuto....!" You ran up to him and hugged him.

He hugged you back and said

"I heard you were asleep for days... I was getting worried so I thought I'd visit you again. I came by a different day and you were asleep." Maruki looked upset.

"Do you know anything of what happened to me?" You asked Maruki.

"I was the one who brought you home, one day I was walking around I saw you on the floor. I checked your pulse and it seemed difficult, I brought you back home but you didn't wake up after that. Do you know how worried I was?" Maruki placed his hands on your face.

Strange how Maruki's hands feel like the ones in my vision, they're gentle but his hands are cold...

You placed your hands on Maruki's face and felt how cold his face was.

Ah, his face is so cold... it can't be the one from my vision... His hands were also cold...

"Your face... It's cold..." You muttered.

You looked at Maruki's face.

He looks sad... As if he wants to cry right in front of me. I can see his eyes look watery.. But why won't he do it...? Is he holding something back?

"Oh, I spaced out! My bad...!" Maruki said.

"If you want to cry it's okay... You can do it front of me." You said.

Maruki looked at you with shock and said
"Haha, how funny..." this time his tone sounded a bit different than his usual tone of voice.

He stood up and said "I've got to go... There's thing I've got to get to. I'll see you again pretty soon, for now please take care." He then walked out.

Why... Why wouldn't he do it...? What is he trying to hide...? After that I didn't know that would be the last time I'd ever see him, after that he wouldn't be coming to visit me a lot and sometimes would respond late to text messages...

There was something clearly going on with him, something dark he's hiding but he doesn't want to say it. If he won't admit it I'll have to do some research for myself and find out what he's hiding.