|Chapter 46: Sadness|

You woke up feeling down today, you knew today wasn't going to be a good day. I mean not that everyday is rainbow and sunshine's and everything. You changed into some clothes and headed for school with such a sad look in your face.

"Yooo Y/N...!" You heard Ryuji's voice call out to you. He quickly ran up to you and said "Oh shit...!"

"What's up...?" You muttered.

"Damn you look like total shit right now... Like a real life zombie! Did somethin' happen?" Ryuji asked.

"No... Nothing at all." You frowned.

In reality you just didn't get enough sleep thinking about stuff all night. It caused such a huge headache for you. But today was about to make you feel the absolute worst.

You passed by the hallway alone and noticed a lady getting all friendly with Maruki.

"So Takuto-San? You available today?" The lady asked.

"Sure thing, I'm not so busy with my schedule." Maruki smiled.

You tried to pause a little just to hear them talk some more about their plans of "meeting up" later but the lady looked over at you.

"Ms. L/N, shouldn't you be headed to class?" The lady said.

"Y-Yes m'aam...!" You nodded.

You walked away slowly and heard the lady say "Ugh teenagers, can't they be any more stupid."

Maruki laughed a little nervously and said "Y/N is quite smart actually."

You continued on not hearing what else they were talking about but what was on your mind all day was about them meeting up soon. You couldn't even focus in class all day because of this whole them meeting up soon thing.

Meeting up huh... I wonder what they're going to do... Is he... Is he cheating on me...? If he was, he should've told me so and I guess things would've been...

"Y/N...! I was looking for you!" Makoto rushed up to you.

"Hey Makoto, what do you need?" You asked.

"I was wondering if you can attend student council today, we do need another member to help out with work today. There's a lot to do." Makoto sighed.

"I'll get going then..." You were about to walk away when Makoto placed her hand on your shoulder.

"Hey Y/N, are you okay? You can talk to me if there seems to be a problem. You know I've got your back and will support you." Makoto was curious as to why you seemed down.

"I'm okay, I'll get to the work right now." You walked away and left Makoto to go do some student council paper work.

You arrived at the student council room where you noticed another student working there. He was a kind student wearing glasses with curly looking hair with a relaxed face on him and a beauty mark near his eye.

"Oh Y/N, thank goodness you came to help me." He smiled.

He looks like a mini version of Maruki and someone else mixed in together.

I forget his name a lot... What was it...?

"You're welcome Kei.... Kei-"

"Keisuke." Keisuke answered.

"Sorry... I just-"

"Don't pay attention to names to background characters? I know." Keisuke smiled.

Keisuke was smart, like really smart. In fact he would always get top 1st of the students who passed exams week. Although you were passing him a little, considering how you're his same age and year.

"Hey Y/N, hows life going? Any good?" Keisuke asked.

"Yeah sure I guess... Hey Keisuke, if a man and a woman say they're going to meet up later does that mean....?" You questioned.

"Huh??" Keisuke looked at you confused.

"N-Nothing, forget what I sai-"

"I usually believe when a man and a woman are going to meet later they do unspeakable things later on... Oh um, please don't take my words seriously, think of something else." Keisuke laughed.

"What if they do unspeakable things... Behind my back too... I..." You looked down.

"You seem down Y/N, I could work on the stuff for you. You can just take the day off..." Keisuke was considerate about your feelings.

"No...! What kind of student council member would i be if I just left poor Keisuke do to work on his own." You nodded.

The two of you continued to do the hard work eventually somewhat getting along. When the two of you finished the work Keisuke offered to buy drinks from the vending machine.

You accompanied him, opening the door to see Maruki standing there.

"Doctor Maruki...! What are you doing here?" Keisuke came up to him with a smile on his face.

"I was just here to pay someone a little visit, thought I'd visit my favorite student." Maruki smiled.

He was talking about you.

"Sorry what? I thought you were supposed to meet that lady from the hallway later on." You mocked him.

"Oh..! I did forget! Thanks for reminding me Y/N!" Maruki ran off.

It pissed you off that you reminded him to go. Maybe he shouldn't have gone at all.

"You two seem close." Keisuke smiled.

"I guess we are... or... Were." You answered.

The two of you proceeded to go to a vending machine and buy something to drink. You couldn't help but think about Maruki meeting up with that lady.

"You've been lost in thoughts all day... by any chance is Doctor Maruki bothering you?" Keisuke asked.

Damn it I knew he was smart but I didn't know he was THAT smart.

"No, not at all." You disagreed with him.

"Oh alright, just know that if you're ready for any comfort I'm-"

"Keisuke..!" You heard a familiar voice call out to him.

It was Mishima, he came running towards Keisuke.

"Mishima..! What's up?" Keisuke asked.

"You won't believe it! A girl finally asked me out on a date! I know she's a bit older but that's okay...!" Mishima felt proud.

"Good job Mishima, I'm proud of you." Keisuke smiled.

You stood up wanting to leave them alone to talk as friends, you told them goodbye and walked away, still thinking about the whole lady meeting up with Maruki.