Chapter 6: Driving Me Crazy

Eltan Storm

"Wow, you're so good at everything. It's hard to believe you're not a regular," I complimented in awe when we were walking toward the bar counter after finishing a few winning rounds of roulette.

Faith chuckled. "Believe me, I'm not. It's my first time playing. Maybe it's just beginner's luck."

"I sure didn't have such miraculous beginner's luck when I started playing," I replied. "You won a damn lot of money."

"Yes. But are you sure you don't want any part of it?" she asked.

"No, I'm good. I would feel weird since I'm the owner," I lied. That wasn't the reason, but I had a feeling she wouldn't accept the entire money otherwise. "That reminds me. Since you won so much money, why don't you renew your medical insurance with it?"

"That's a great idea," she said as we sat down at the bar stools. "What do you want to order?"

"Faith's special?"

She laughed. "You can't get that from someone else."

"Then, I want you to make it."

"For that, we would need to go to my counter."

"I don't mind if you're done playing here." She really seemed to enjoy playing, so I didn't want to drag her away from here if she didn't want to.

"Well, we can always play there, too, right? I'm really tired of the old men staring at my cleavage. No one at my counter dares to do that because everyone knows me as Lance's adored sister."

Well, I owe one, Lance.

"Shall we head downstairs then?"

"Yes, of course." Just as she stood up, she gasped. "Oh, no, I think I placed my phone somewhere and forgot to put it back in my purse."

"Do you remember where?" I asked.

"No. But I think it will be easier to find if you could give my number a call," she requested.

"Of course. Your number is?" I asked, and suddenly, I got a bit excited that I was finally going to get her number. She told me and I dialed her number and saved it before calling her.

Her phone rang up on the side of the roulette table. She ran to grab it and came back to me.

"Thank you so much." She gave me a grateful smile, and I watched her save my number as Mr. Storm.

I frowned. No wonder why she didn't call my name the entire night. "Mr. Storm? But aren't we friends?"

"Oh, that's right. Eltan, I would keep that in mind," she swiftly said, and as soon as she did, my heart fluttered. "Shall we go downstairs now?" she asked, and I nodded.

We exited the VIP area and started toward the elevator to lead us to the underground casino that was accessible to almost anyone who could afford the ticket.

But on our way to the elevator, Faith suddenly stopped walking.

"What's wrong?" I asked. Did she feel sick?

She didn't say anything for a moment and just looked pained, then after a long moment, she looked at me and smiled. "It's nothing, Mr. Storm."

"Eltan," I corrected.

"What?" She gave me a confused look.

"I'm correcting you. You're supposed to call me Eltan from now on," I explained.