Chapter 18: Vexing Woman

Eltan Storm

I was walking on clouds ever since Faith and I made things official until a text from an unknown number burst my bubble.

"Meet me alone at the XX street alley at 2 pm sharp - Mutiny."

I twitched my lips in annoyance. I had to meet Dr. Parkins as well in the afternoon. But I had no option with Mutiny. I promised her a good payment. So I decided to drive to her location. It was close to where Faith lives. I had just left her house an hour ago.

I got there ten minutes earlier and waited till Mutiny made her appearance.

When I saw her again, my heart jumped as my first instinct was to think of her as Faith and get happy. But when I noticed her high-heeled boots and black leather jacket, I reverted back to my stoic expressions.

"So have you decided what you want as a payment?" I asked, my hands buried in my pockets.

She tilted her head to the side and asked, "Did you get any call yet?"

"What call?" I asked, cooking an eyebrow at her.

"About Turqo," she specified.

"No, he hasn't spilled yet—"

"Not about that." She smirked. "It's about another thing."

"What?" Just then, my phone rang up, showing an incoming call from Denver.

I eyed Mutiny in distrust and picked up Denver's call.

"Capo," his voice sounded panicked.

"What is it, Denver?"

"Turqo just died in our cell a few hours ago."

"What the hell? How?"

"I don't know. His lips turned blue. I think he was poisoned."

"How is that possible? Only the most trusted ones were with you, right?"

"Yes, Capo. Also, he didn't eat anything in the cell. He wasn't poisoned by any one of us. I'm guessing he was given a slow poison by someone before we caught him," he explained, and my eyes shot to a grinning Mutiny.

"Okay, I got it. I'll talk to you later."

As soon as I hung up the call, I stormed toward Mutiny and grabbed her by the collar and slammed her back against the wall.

"What the hell did you do?" I yelled at her, my eyes blazing with anger.

Mutiny laughed at my face. "Haven't you figured it out yet?"

"You gave slow poison to Turqo," I spat out. "Why did you do that? I told you, didn't I? You will regret—"

"Oh, I regret nothing. Because I know that you can't kill me."

"You want to test that?" I said and brought out my gun from my holster and put it on the side of her head. "I will not hesitate to pull this goddamn trigger. So don't you dare try my patience."

"You will be the one regretting it if you kill me."

"Like hell I will—"

"Without me, you will never track down Andrew and Charles."

I pressed the muzzle harder on her skin and demanded, "What the hell do you mean?"

"I made Turqo tell me where those two motherfuckers are hiding. So I'm the only one who knows where they are," she said, smirking at me smugly.