Chapter 33: She Is Strong

Eltan Storm

"Do you want something to eat?" Mutiny asked, peeking inside my room from the doorframe.

"No, I'm feeling drowsy because of the painkillers. I'm just gonna change and lie down," I replied, standing in front of the dressing table and unbuttoning my shirt with one hand.

"Do you need some help with that?" She waltzed into the room and slapped my hand away to start working on the buttons.

"Why did you even bother asking?"

She shrugged her shoulders and helped me take off the shirt. "What about your pants? I'll be happy to help with this too." She licked her lips and ran her index finger over the edge of my slacks with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

"Get out of my room," I responded with a tight-lipped smile.

She stood on her tiptoes and kissed my jawline. "One day, for sure." With that, she ran out of the room, leaving a smile on my face.

As soon as I met my eyes in the mirror of the dressing table, a flood of guilt washed over me.

I needed to act on this fast. The next time I met Faith, I would tell her the truth. I had to!

###

I did it.

I told Faith the truth about her split personality disorder and everything else related to it, which included Mutiny.

I woke up around nine in the evening and found Faith in the living room, sitting in a rocking chair and reading a book she found on the shelf. Due to the drowsiness from the medicines and my decision before sleeping, I straight-out told her the truth.

I was afraid of her reaction. Especially because of what happened last time when I tried telling her.

Right now, we were sitting on the sofa with me clutching one of her hands for dear life with my only functional hand while she bore a blank lifeless look.

"Faith?" I tried calling her out.

She didn't respond.

My hand reached forward to caress her cheek and made her look at me. "Faith, talk to me."

Her quietness was scaring the shit out of me.

She suddenly won't burst out laughing and say, Gotcha, it's Mutiny!

Right?

"Eltan."

I flinched at her unexpected voice.

"Yes, Faith?"

"Do you love me?"

I stared at her a little in surprise, but she seemed completely serious, so I gave her a serious answer as well, "Yes, I love you, Faith. More than anyone else in the world."

"Even if Mutiny loves you?"

"Even if Mutiny loves me, it's Faith Mabel who I love."

I noticed her hand trembling. It seemed like she had many thoughts clashing inside her head, but I assumed that was only natural, given that she had just now found out about a serious mental disorder of hers.

"I need some time to myself tonight—to think everything over."

"Sure, take your time. No rush," I assured.

She gave me a half-smile and got up from the sofa to head upstairs to her room, leaving an empty feeling in my chest.

I hope she will be okay soon.

My Artistic Mafia Manजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें