Chapter 13: Dangerous

Eltan Storm

It had been two days since I dropped Faith at her place after she spent the entire day with me at my place. We regularly texted each other, and she told me that she was fine, but I still yearned to see her. I couldn't sleep at night because I kept thinking and worrying about her.

Was she eating well? She didn't faint again, did she? What was she doing with her time now that she had a whole week off? Was she missing me like I was?

Finally, having enough of my thoughts driving me nuts, I grabbed my car keys and decided to drive to Faith's home. I debated on texting her or not, finally deciding on surprising her.

On the way, I got confused over get-well-soon flowers or chocolate. So I decided to get both of them. After all, she deserved the world at her feet. Compared to that, these were just small things.

Stopping in front of her apartment building, I got out of the car and grabbed the small bouquet of flowers and chocolate. I was smiling ear to ear when I reached the third floor, only to see red at the sight in front of me.

Mark, the guy from a few nights ago, was standing at Faith's doorstep, while she was talking to him. He was crying and babbling about something.

"—I'm sorry it didn't work out. But there's nothing I can do, Mark. You have to leave, okay?"

"No, no, I won't accept it. You lied to me. You made me look like a fool!"

"Look, I didn't know—"

"What the hell is going on here?" I spoke up, letting my presence be known.

Faith looked at me with horrified eyes. "Eltan, you? What are you doing here?"

"What is he doing here, Faith?" I asked, my voice dangerously.

"You ruined my life, now see what I do to yours," Mark muttered spitefully.

"Mark, no," Faith tried to stop him, but Mark marched up to me, his angry eyes keeping contact with mine.

However, before he could speak up, I did the honor, "You can save it. I don't want to hear whatever bullshit you're about to spit. Just leave."

"You're making a mistake. That girl isn't what she looks like."

I scoffed. "And I'm not what I look like, either." He arched an eyebrow in confusion. I pulled out my phone and sent a text to someone. "You will know that once you step out of this building." With that, I walked past him toward Faith.

"Eltan—" Faith tried to talk, but I cut her off.

"Can I come inside?"

She stared at my face with anxiety etched on her face before she nodded slowly and stepped aside to let me in. But she herself kept standing outside, looking at Mark in pity.

"Shut the door, Faith," I said, my tone deadly serious.

Faith startled and hurried inside, closing the door. She heaved a sigh and turned around, only to be shocked to find my gun pointing at her straight on.

"Eltan, what are you doing?" she asked, her voice half-panicking and half-thinking it was a joke.

"I can ask you the same question, Faith. What were you doing?"

"Wha—what do you mean?"

"Don't play dumb. That guy. What was he doing here so early in the morning?"

"I don't think I have to answer you—" I pressed the muzzle of my gun on her chin.

"Shh, not an unnecessary word," I silenced her. "You will only answer what I ask. Because trust me, Faith, I'm not joking. This gun—it's the real deal. Or in case you don't believe me, I can prove it to you by pulling the trigger."