Chapter 30: Not Right Now

Eltan Storm

I was in a deep sleep until bright sunlight washed over my face, pouring in from the window.

Grumbling, I rolled over and pulled the comforter over my head. I was having a nice dream. Even though I couldn't exactly recall it now, I wanted to return to that world.

"Eltan, wake up," I heard Faith's voice.

Faith's voice? Was I still dreaming? No, never mind, this is better than a dream.

I peeked out from the comforter and saw Faith standing near the bedside with a hand on her hip. Her hair was tied into a high ponytail with loose bangs hanging from the sides of her forehead. She looked adorable.

"Wake up. I made breakfast for us," she tried to lure me out with food and a smile.

I tugged at her hand and pulled her down on top of me.

She let out a surprised gasp. "Eltan, what—" I cut her off with a sloppy kiss.

"If you are going to wake me up before my alarm, you better give me a kiss, or else I'm going to be grumpy," I told her.

A cute blush seared through her face as she quietly nodded her head. It somehow felt a bit too easy to get her to agree. If Mutiny was here, she would have yelled and thrown me off the bed to get me to wake up.

"Please get up now. The breakfast is going to be cold," Faith said gently.

I hummed and let her go. I was rubbing my eyes when I remembered the events of last night and called out before she could leave the room, "Thanks for last night, Faith."

Last night, in her arms, I felt safer than I had in a very long time. If I started to get this dependent on her, God knows what I would do if I lost her—

"Huh? For what?" Faith asked in utter confusion.

"You know, for what happened at night, I became vulnerable—"

"What are you talking about? Didn't we just fall asleep after arriving at the house?"

What?

"No, Faith—"

I'm fine being Faith for you, the words from last night echoed in my head.

Did that mean it was Mutiny? I opened up to Mutiny? I was crying in front of Mutiny? The smug, irritating, insolent Mutiny?

Oh, my God, that woman is going to laugh at my face the next time she comes out! She is going to call me a crybaby for sure.

"Eltan?" Faith called out, and I jolted up to look at her. "Are you okay? You look like you are having an existential crisis."

"No, I, um, I was just thinking about a nightmare from last night," I replied. She would definitely ask me now it was about it. I would feel weird if only Mutiny had seen that side of me—

"Oh, I see." She turned toward the door. Wasn't she going to ask me what the nightmare had been about? "Anyway, freshen up and come eat."

"Okay," I murmured as she left the door with a soft thud.

I kept staring at the closed door, an uneasy twist gnawing inside my chest. I didn't know why I felt upset that she didn't ask. It wasn't like Faith had ever been the suspicious, prying type.

I glanced at the clock which showed it was already eleven in the morning. I instantly shook my head to get rid of the unnecessary thoughts. It just didn't occur to her, that was it. It slipped her mind. I was overthinking. It was no big deal. Not at all.

My Artistic Mafia ManOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara