Chapter 27: Heart In Danger

Eltan Storm

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I instantly pushed her away.

Mutiny only laughed maniacally in response.

I wiped my lips with my sleeves, cursing myself for letting my guard down in the presence of this nutcase of a woman.

"Hey, that's rude," she commented, motioning at my wiping.

"Oh, yeah? What about kissing a taken man without permission?" I snarked.

"Faith and I are the same person—" she started to say virtuously, but I cut her off.

"Don't give me that bullshit right now." I shot her a death glare.

Her laughter slowed down, and she looked at me softly. "Sorry about that. I just... I guess I just got overwhelmed by my feelings suddenly." She brought her hair forward, covering her face, almost as if she was embarrassed.

Would it be wrong of me to think of her as cute because right now she had Faith's getup?

Well, it didn't matter. I wasn't going to get charmed by this whackjob. Boldly kissing me out of nowhere and also getting embarrassed about it the next second–she was seriously bizarre!

"You're such an idiot, I swear," I let out, shaking my head. "You better eat a lot of iron-rich food—"

"Oh, about that," she came to her normal shameless self and confessed, "That blood isn't mine. I had some blood left from my last victims."

I stared at her blankly. "Say what?"

She grinned ear to ear. "Did you really think I would use my own blood to write the graffiti? I mean, I love you, Eltan, and I want you to be mine, but for that, I need to stay alive, right?"

I let out a heavy sigh. "There's no talking to you, is there?" I turned around and started going down the staircase. "Bye, Mutiny."

"Bye, my love!" She waved at me enthusiastically.

I rolled my eyes and went back to my car.

Before I was about to get in, I glanced at the graffiti once again. I couldn't help smiling at the art. It was pretty in a strange way; her handiwork was good.

Suddenly, I saw a flash of Mutiny kissing me on the graffiti and instantly jerked back to reality.

Oh, God, what has she done?

###

"Will it be considered cheating if the other personality kissed me while I'm dating the real one?"

Dr. Parkins gawked at me blankly. "What?"

"Tell me. Is it cheating?" He continued to stare without any further words. However, I felt the need to justify more. "I swear I didn't kiss her back. She was the one who initiated it. But I feel so guilty about it. I can't even tell Faith because she doesn't know about Mutiny yet," I vented out.

Dr. Parkins sighed. "How about you tell Faith after you have told her about her DID?"

"That means, I have to continue feeling like this until then?"

"Then hurry up and tell her."

"You know, I had tried. But she transformed into Mutiny soon after, so I'm still hesitant," I told him. "Speaking of which, why does Mutiny keep appearing out of nowhere? At first, I thought she only took over Faith after midnight. But nowadays it feels like she appears whenever she wants."