Chapter 36: Family For A Day

Eltan Storm

"Eltan, you have bags under your eyes. Did you have trouble sleeping last night?" Faith asked in concern.

"Yeah, something like that," I said.

After Faith fell asleep beside me, I stayed up all night researching DID and how to date someone with it.

It wasn't going to be easy; that much was obvious. But I was all in for a hard challenge.

So far what I understood was, I had to be gentle for Faith like I have always been and rough for Mutiny because that was the only way to deal with her unpredictable actions.

I needed to talk to Faith about it as well. I needed her permission to get the green light for Mutiny. Because Mutiny was a part of her, and I couldn't be hurting her by always rejecting her all the time. Her negative emotions would affect her body. So Faith had to accept it, sharing her body with her alter. Because by suppressing Mutiny, she was just taking all the load on herself, bearing both of their emotional turmoil.

"Hey, Faith, I want to talk—"

The calling bell rang.

"I will get the door," I told Faith and made sure I had my gun in the holster.

As I opened the door, I was greeted by my eldest brother and his family.

"Geez, can you people text me before dropping by?" I let out in frustration. Every time I got scared because Faith was in the house and her safety was my responsibility.

Elian didn't bother acknowledging my annoyance and gave me a smile that I have always hated since childhood. The smile which said you-cannot-say-no-I-am-your-elder-brother. He used that menacing smile on me even back when he wanted me to teach him how to play the guitar for Alena.

"Can you do a little favor for me, little brother?"

"What?" I asked in a monotone voice.

Alena grinned and handed me a children's bag. "Elian and I are going on a date after a very long time. So can you please look after Xian for the entire day?"

"But I have never done babysitting before—"

"Good luck! I'm sure you will do great. Xian is a good kid. Plus, Faith is there to help you," Alena chirped.

"We are kind of in a rush, so we can't stay to talk to your girlfriend. But tell her I said hi," Elian added.

"Okay, but—"

"Bye!" Both of them were already on their way toward their car. I glanced down at little Xian and smiled at him, forwarding my hand to him, which he took gladly.

"Hey, you guys, happy anniversary!" I hollered after the couple.

"Thanks!" they hollered back before driving away.

I shook my head at their rush, smiling. They really must be looking forward to some alone time. After all, they were always busy with office work and hated leaving Xian alone longer than they needed to. So they cut back on one-on-one dates and opted for family outings all the time.

"Hey, who was it?" Faith asked from the kitchen once I closed the door.

"Big Bro and Big Sis," I replied. "They left Xian in our care."

Faith poked her head out of the kitchen, and Xian chirped, "Faith!"

"Xian!"

Xian left my hand and rushed to the kitchen to give Faith a hug. Those two were already besties after last night.