Chapter 4: No Disappointment?

Eltan Storm

The room was small and the lights dim, with no windows. The walls used to be white, but they had been stained red over time and one had heard more gut-wrenching screams than one could count.

In that room, there was only me on a comfortable black leather chair and a familiar face quivering in fear on a steel chair, tied with chains. He was unharmed yet, but the sweat beads rolling down his face clearly indicated that he knew he wouldn't remain unharmed for long. Well, he wasn't wrong.

I caressed the sharp knife in my hand as I looked at the in charge of the cargo.

"I won't ask you why," I uttered coldly.

"I am sorry, Capo," Meris murmured.

I snickered. "Meris, my boy, you should have thought about the consequences of betraying your capo before. Then again, if you had thought about it, you wouldn't be here at the torture cell, now would you?"

I got up and walked toward him.

"Capo, they... they bribed me..." he tried to reason out.

"Then you should have told me about that. I would've given you a raise seeing your loyalty toward the Thunder. Since you decided to betray the Thunder, bear the consequences."

I grabbed his right hand and chopped off his thumb at that instant. His screams echoed in the room, making me smirk.

"You swore to be loyal to the Thunder by making your thumb bleed slightly, remember?" I asked, and when he started crying without replying to me, I grabbed his hair and ordered, "Fucking answer me."

"Ye...yes..."

"Remind me again of the procedure to dedicate yourself to the gang?" I was as calm as ice. Dealing with traitors personally gave me inner peace.

"I... I had to cut the thumb of my right hand and use that blood to put my fingerprint on the contract to dedicate myself to the...gang..." Meris managed to say.

"Excellent." I cut off his index finger next. "Now, watch me cut each finger of yours one by one."

He hissed his pain. "Capo, I am sorry. Forgive me, Capo," he cried.

I shook my head. "Don't worry. I will just cut off the fingers of your hands. Denver will do your legs, and then, my executioner will shoot you in between your eyes."

I chopped his other finger as I further spoke in between his screams, "I would have loved to kill you personally, Meris, but I have some important work to do, you see."

After all, there was someone I had to meet tonight. I had told her that her boss might surprise her, and I did genuinely want to see her surprised look. I never imagined that something as simple as that could get me giddy. Screw staying away from her.

Without dragging the torture session, once I was done butchering all of Meris' fingers, I called Denver to handle the rest.

"Will you be heading home now?" Denver asked when I came out of the restroom after washing the blood off my hands. He gave me a suspicious look, his eyes checking me from tip to toe. It was because I was careful not to let any blood splatter on my suit tonight. Wouldn't want to scare Faith right off the bat, would I?

"No, I'm going to the Berserkers," I replied, starting to walk toward the exit of the underground port station.

"May I know why?"

A small smile formed on my face at the thought of Faith. "I have been receiving some complaints from there. It's about time I took some action against them."