Epilogue - Part Two

Ana and Harry broke up.

It was perhaps the hardest and most surprising news I had heard all year. I truly believed that when they started dating that they were meant to be. Maybe they still are, and maybe they will be, but they still have to work out their differences before that happens.

Ultimately, I believe the choice was more so Ana's than it was Harry's. Harry had taken the breakup much worse than she had, and he had resorted to writing music and staying to himself more as a way of coping.

When Fine Line came out, I wasn't surprised to learn that the entire album was about Ana. He loved her, and he found a way to express all of his feelings — all of the good and bad of their relationship into beautiful words.

It took a truly strong person to decide to sing songs about their ex-girlfriend every night on tour, especially when you're so unsure if you're going to get back together.

Ana, of course, was hurt too, but she was handling it much less publicly than Harry. Because of the fame we both found after dating the boys, Ana was able to find work as an actress on Netflix. She had decided to deal with the breakup by pushing thoughts of Harry away instead of embracing them like he had.

Both their ways of dealing with their relationship and its demise was completely understandable and logical, but it didn't do anything to help the love they still felt for one another deep down.

I had tried everything I could to make them talk to each other again even if it was only a five minute conversation to catch up, but neither of them would hear of it.

I eventually gave up, knowing it probably wasn't supposed to be my business anyway, but it sucked to see both of my close friends so upset all the time without each other.

I wasn't even sure how to mention that Niall and I had gotten engaged to her at first, knowing that her relationship had just failed while mine was flourishing.

I wanted to be there for her, not reveling in my splendor, but Ana wouldn't listen when she found out and saw the ring on my finger. She was so excited for me that she took me out to eat and everything. I think she's already planned half of the wedding.

I'm honestly still surprised I'm even alive to be having a wedding in the first place.

If it weren't for Niall being with me throughout the entire scandal with Mia, I'm almost positive I wouldn't be. I still have nightmares about that final day with her, but I try not to dwell on it too much.

Despite how angry I was with Mackenzie that day, I was incredibly thankful to find out that Dylan actually survived the gunshot wound. He had restored most of his walking capabilities now, but both of them, as well as Mark, were still facing serious time for their crimes.

As for Perry, he had decided to move to America after everything was over. He claimed he needed a break away from the UK which was completely understandable.

He had been through so much, so I was happy to see him taking some time for himself. He moved to New York not too long before Niall and I had moved to California.

Also, it warms my heart to know how well 5 Seconds of Summer have been doing in the music industry since we toured with them. Their fan base grew exponentially, and they all have grown so much as human beings.

Luke is now dating Sierra Deaton, a really sweet girl that I've been lucky enough to meet a few times. We've really clicked and we've become close friends from texting constantly. Michael is engaged to a girl named Crystal while Calum is still flying solo. He claims he's still waiting for the one.