7. Court Day

Im sorry it took 728179 years for me to update..
Happy Easter! :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cassidy's P.O.V~

"Please, stop!" I yelled, the weight of the man's arm against my throat becoming unbearable.

I knew I should have never left the bar alone, but I was ready to go home. The man now cornering me was at least double my size.

"Get off of me!" I screamed again, desperately trying to get anyone's attention that was around.

"Come on, girl. It won't be that bad," he replied gruffly, "It won't be that bad."

My eyes filled with terror, knowing exactly what he intended to do to me. I struggled harder against him, but every time I threw my arms against him, I grew more and more tired.

Every attempt to attack him was futile. There was no way any of my strikes were going to hurt him, not when my energy was fading so quickly and how small I am in comparison to him.

Niall

Where is Niall? Why isn't he here to protect me?

The man's strength was depleting as I continuously hit him, but mine was lowering much faster. He would soon realize that, and then there would be nothing I could do.

If I stopped, even for a second, I knew that this would be it for me. My entire life depended on me continuing to fight.

My eyes widened as I watched him pull out a gleaming silver knife, his other hand holding both of my arms firmly above my head.

I tried desperately calling for Niall again, but no sound would come out, as if my mouth were filled with cotton balls.

Tears started falling, and I knew that this was it for me. I was going to die here, stabbed in a dark alley, and no one will ever find me.

He brought the knife up, pressing it against my chest, "Say your last words, girl. It's a shame you have to die, you were so very pretty."

Just as I felt the knife pierce my skin, I screamed loudly, calling out for Niall with everything in me, and I-

"Cassidy!"

I jolted awake, almost hitting Niall as he was seated in front of me, shaking me vigorously. As soon as I saw his deep blue eyes, I immediately broke down, allowing the tears to stream down my face even faster than they had in my nightmare.

"I'm here, baby," he whispered, pulling me into his arms. His hands rubbed my back calmly.

"Do you want to tell me about it?" he asked. When I didn't reply, he added, "You know, it's better to get it off your mind."

I nodded, knowing he was right, but not sure if I was ready to relive the horrible nightmare again. "I was.. I was at a bar, and I left by myself."

He nodded, urging me to continue. I sighed, closing my eyes in an attempt to stop myself from breaking down again.

"I think he..he wanted to rape me, but I wouldn't cooperate, so he pulled a knife on me. I tried yelling, but my voice wasn't working, and no one was around. He had just killed me when I woke up."

Niall pulled me into his chest again, running his fingers through my hair now.

"It's okay, baby. I'll protect you. I'll never stop protecting you," he whispered. I could feel his lips dangerously close to my ear, causing me to shiver at how sexy his voice sounded when he was sleepy.