3. Memory Hunting

Niall's P.O.V~

I pulled into the parking lot of the beach. I didn't intend to stay, just to see if Cassidy could remember this — our first date together.

I jumped out, walking around to Cassidy's car door. Once she stepped out, I led her out to the sand. She had pulled off her tennis shoes and socks, her feet now bare. As she took my hand, she smiled weakly at me. I really missed her and I knew this was incredibly hard for her. I was thankful she was trusting me so much — in her mind, a complete stranger.

It was beyond me how she was even doing this. How can you try to love someone that you can't remember? She must feel awful because I feel awful.

I have two weeks to try and get her memory back. I can do this. We can do this. This is possible.

Cassidy dropped my hand and ran out toward the water. She took a seat at the edge where the water couldn't reach her, but it could just barely reach her feet if she was to stretch them out. I chuckled at her amusement and stood there, gazing at her.

She looked so beautiful, the outline of the sky surrounding her as the sun shown brightly onto her. Her chocolate curly brown hair was blowing lightly in the wind over her shoulder, held down only by her white beanie. I could hear her faintly laughing and squealing as the water edged toward her, thinking it would surpass the boundary she had made.

She looked over her shoulder at me, smiling and motioned for me to join her. I walked over and she grabbed my hand tightly, pulling me down beside her. I laughed as my bum hit the loose sand and she turned back to the water. I couldn't help but smile. Everything was better when she was here.

It was a truly beautiful day. I looked over at her, watching her eyes sparkle in the sunlight. They seemed brighter this way, lighter than they normally were.

"Niall," she whispered, noticing that I was staring at her. Realizing I had been caught, my cheeks turned a pale pink color. She giggled, reaching up and caressing my face with her hand.

"You're cute when you blush," She smiled.

"Cassidy, I'm not supposed to be cute. I'm a guy. I'm supposed to be manly." I replied, attempting to sound more stoic than I was.

"Well to me, you're cute and adorable. You can't argue with me, ya know." She said matter-of-factly.

I grabbed her hand and she smiled, "You know that I can't." I agreed, causing her cheeks to turn a bright shade of pink now.

"Look who's blushing now," I fired causing her to blush even more and I laughed.

"You're cute when you blush," I repeated, mocking her words from earlier.

Apparently, it was possible for her to blush even more. Her face was totally red, the bright color of a tomato.

"Niall!" She yelped, gasping when she noticed the water had somehow managed to reach her lower pants' leg.

I burst out laughing and fell back into the sand. She furrowed her eyebrows at me, angry for me laughing at her misfortune. She attacked me quickly, crawling over to my side and tickling me.

"Payback for distracting me!" She yelled as she continued her assault on my torso. I was panicking as everyone does when being tickled, breathing heavily between forced laughs.

"Cassidy, stop!" I yelled, out of breath from laughing. She stopped immediately, allowing me to catch my breath. Once I had finally regained it, I reached out for her arm, but she flinched away from me.

She Flinched.

"Cassidy?" I started, concern obvious on my face, "Are you-

"No, no. I'm sorry," she stuttered, falling backwards a bit in the sand, seemingly distracted, "I'm not afraid of you, it's just a habit and-