32. Secrets Unfold

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Goodbye 2016, Hello 2017!

It's so great to see everyone again and be back writing. I hope everyone doesn't hate me, but hopefully I'm gonna be back for a while. :)

By the way, there are a few curse words in here so yeah.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cassidy's P.O.V~

8:53 PM

The clock on the wall seemed to mock me with its incessant ticking. No matter what I did to take my mind off of it, that's all I could hear.

Tick. Tick. Tick.

My anxiety had never been higher. Harry had somehow managed to get everyone to go out or go to their flat tonight, leaving me home alone waiting on Niall who had went home for some clothes.

Tick. Tick. Tick.

My eyes danced around from the clock, to my phone, to the television, desperate for something to distract me or calm me down.

The fear of Niall already knowing when he gets here was about to kill me. What if Mia or Mackenzie had already told him? What if he wasn't even on his way, or worse, just to break up with me?

As tragic and terrifying as that is, what scares me more is that he won't know. I'll have to be the one to tell him. Despite knowing it would be better for him to find out from me, I have no idea how I'm going to do it. How will he take it? Will he leave me on the spot?

I looked up at the clock.

8:54 PM

I think I'm losing my mind when I hear the click of a key opening the door. I'm met with Niall's happy smile and bright blue eyes, but it only reminds me of what they will look like soon enough.

"Sorry I took so long, beautiful. I stopped to get clothes and took a shower too." He rambled, dropping his stuff in the chair and coming to sit by me on the couch.

"It's all good," I smiled, leaning over to hug him tightly. He smelled amazing, just like his new cologne I had bought him. Just like heaven.

"I knew you wouldn't be mad if I put this on," he laughed, "Careful though. You might get addicted to it."

"Too late for that," I mumbled as I hugged him tighter, laying my head on his chest.

My heart rate increased as I, again, started thinking about the secret. I might never get to hug Niall again after I tell him. I felt his fingers start to run through my hair as I closed my eyes. Before I knew it, tears were forming and running down my face.

"Is everything alright, baby girl?" He asked as he pulled away slightly, automatically seeing the tears in my eyes, "Why are you crying?"

I pulled away from him, shaking my head and hiding my face in my hands. The tears came harder then as reality set in. I was about to lose my whole world.

"Princess, please tell me what's wrong?" Niall asked again, getting closer to me and rubbing my back. He attempted to move my hands from my face, but I wouldn't let him.

"Cassidy, tell me what's wrong!" He demanded, but immediately going back to his loving state.

"Niall, I'm so sorry." I told him, through my hands.

When he didn't reply and I felt his hand still on my back, I moved my hands to look at him. His face was pale and his eyes were lifeless as he said, "Baby, please tell me what's wrong."