38. Believe In Me

Hi guys, please vote on the chapter if you like it and please feel free to comment! I love reading your comments and it helps me know that you're enjoying and your thoughts!

Also look at how freaking cute Niall looks in this picture !!!!¡¡¡¡

Word Count: 2583
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cassidy's P.O.V~

My hands gripped the steering wheel tightly, unsure if I should drive home knowing how angry I was. I had always heard from my mum that you're not supposed to drive when you're stressed, angry, or tired and right now, I was absolutely furious.

I could not believe what Mackenzie had said to me. I could not believe that she had gotten to Niall. It never occurred to me that he didn't know what she looked like, but how would he? It was a precaution we never thought to take.

I screamed, beating my hands against the steering wheel angrily. What the fuck was I supposed to do? She told me to break up with Niall or they were going to continue to mess up my life. My life seemed like it was already a mess, but it wouldn't surprise me how far they were willing to go to make me miserable. Mia already stabbed me once. Maybe next time she was planning on hitting something vital.

I was too angry to even cry. I wanted to hit something, and the steering wheel wasn't enough. I wanted to break something. Make something feel how I feel right now. I wanted to hit Mackenzie in her stupid face and she just walked away laughing as if our conversation was the funniest thing in the world. Like it was a fucking joke at a comedy show.

She enjoyed seeing me angry. She basically lived for it. She loved every second of watching my face drain of color when I saw Niall's watch hit that table. It wouldn't surprise me if she was replaying the moment over in her mind, laughing at my expense right now.

I didn't give her the satisfaction of taking the watch with her when she left. She didn't really care since it had already served its purpose in making me mad. It was packed into my bag now and even thinking about it caused me to burn with rage. That watch was supposed to symbolize my love for him on Christmas and she took that away by using it to get back to me. To prove that she had gotten to my boyfriend and been with him.

Did they sleep together?

That was the only thing my mind could not truly wrap its mind around. The possibility floated around in my head constantly since Mackenzie had left. I felt like I couldn't breathe, as if the oxygen had been sucked from my body. As if I was laying on the grocery store's floor again.

I felt my phone vibrate, and I picked it up.

*From: Cookie Monster :)
            Hey, Ana text me and told me that we would have the flat to ourselves tonight. I'm headed over now. I can't wait to see you.*

My jaw clenched. I guess this is it. I guess this is the time I make my move and tell him.

I knew he wouldn't be happy that I had went to meet Mackenzie alone, but I wasn't exactly happy about what I found out either.

I put the car in gear and drove home, trying not to let my anger distract me from the road. All of that went away when I pulled up and saw Niall's car already outside. I wasn't mad at him, but I was mad at Mackenzie. It was going to cause me to blow up at Niall, but I needed to know the entire truth.

I walked to the door which was already unlocked due to Niall forgetting to lock it behind him. When I got to the living room, he was sitting on the couch. Once he realized I was there, he smiled brightly at me, "Hey!"

I turned from him, knowing that I was about to break down. I was either going to cry or scream, and I didn't want either to happen. When he realized I didn't answer him, he stood up, concerned, "Babe?"