47. The End

I can't believe this is it. I hope you enjoy.

TW// death, blood, gun violence

Word Count: 3212
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cassidy's P.O.V~

The silence throughout the car was deafening, and I wanted more than anything to talk about what was going to happen once we got there despite how terrible it may be. Ana and Harry were consoling Liam in the back while Niall drove.

His hands were white against the steering wheel, gripping it tightly in nervousness over the idea that he may not be returning later with his girlfriend beside him.

I wanted to help him, but there was nothing I could say to him that would help. I'm not completely sure that I would even believe myself if I did.

I opted to say nothing for the entirety of the car ride knowing that whatever I said would only be a lie or unhelpful.

I can only hope that I'm able to get Harmony out of there in one piece. If anything were to happen to her because of me, I would never be able to forgive myself.

The GPS told us to take a right and after a couple more minutes, we pulled into a small sandy lot outside of an old abandoned warehouse.

Of course, I don't know what I expected exactly, but this place doesn't exactly make me believe she's planning on letting us go freely. It looks like something out of a horror film honestly.

Niall pulled the key from the ignition before we all climbed out of the car. I sighed deeply, trying not to let my nerves get the best of me. How could I not, though?

Just as we started to walk toward the building, Ana exclaimed, "Wait!"

I turned, curious as to why she was stopping, right before Ana's arms wrapped around me and pulled me in for a hug.

I sighed, melting into her before returning the hug. She knows as well as I do that this may be it for me.

"We're all going to be okay, yeah?" she asked, "Say it."

"We're all going to be okay," I smiled weakly, lying through my teeth.

She nodded, wiping away tears that were stinging the corners of her eyes before we all walked up toward the building. Liam pushed the door open, followed by Harry, then Niall, Ana, and I.

Almost immediately, I'm met with the sight of Harmony kneeled on the floor with her hands tied behind her back.

"Harmony!" Liam yells, starting to run over to her.

Mia turns, seeing us come in and shakes her head, "Stop right there, lover boy. I don't believe we've finished any deal yet."

Mia walked slowly behind Harmony, placing her hand on her shoulder securely. Mackenzie and Dylan stood off to the side along the wall. They both seemed to be concerned, but disinterested in helping Mia at the moment. Maybe they feel the same way Mark did before he turned himself in.

When Liam took another few steps toward Harmony, Mia screamed, "Stop!"

Her shrill voice was enough to cause all five of us to stop dead in our tracks, only a few feet away from Mia and Harmony.

Harmony raised her head only to shake it slowly.

Mia grinned venomously, directing her attention to Liam, "Now listen. This is how this is going to work. We're going to make a trade right now – your precious fiancé and child for Cassidy."