37. When Hell Freezes Over

This chapter is one of my favorites to write so far. Hope everyone enjoys!

Word Count: 1816
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cassidy's P.O.V~

Niall's meeting with management yesterday lasted almost the entire day. I couldn't imagine the fiasco they were trying to deal with, and something told me this wasn't going to be an easy thing to just 'finish'.

Niall had text me and told me there were contractual agreements and things that were broken, and he was sure he'd have to be there for the remainder of the day.

Eventually, Ana and I drove back to our flat and just had a girl's night together watching tv and eating popcorn as we used to always do. Mackenzie's text message was in the back of my mind, plaguing every thought that I had. I couldn't stop thinking about it, and I wanted to tell Ana, but Mackenzie said specifically not to tell anyone.

But what if they were planning to kidnap me this time? They wouldn't do that in broad daylight, would they? I feel like that would be sloppy. That seems like a move that Mark would make, but not her.

Mackenzie is too smart. Mia is too smart. If this has any ties to Mia, and I'm sure it does, she wouldn't be stupid enough to try and take me in the middle of Starbucks.

All day, I had contemplated if I should tell Ana or Niall that I was going to meet Mackenzie. It was already 11:47 am, and the time to meet her continued to grow closer with every waking second. My heart rate was increasing, and I could feel myself growing nervous, but I was conflicted. What the hell was I supposed to do?

I sat down on my bed and breathed deeply. There's no way I'm going to let them get to me like this. They don't deserve the satisfaction of making me feel this way, none of them do. I refuse to let them believe they have me scared even though I was horribly afraid for my friends' safety.

One wrong move and they could kidnap Harmony or Perry again, or worse, someone else. Maybe even Ana, if they tried hard enough. It's like they have eyes everywhere watching my every move.

They knew when I was going to get a new cell phone. They knew where I was going to be almost every day. I let Mia slither her way back into my life last year and it was the biggest mistake of my life. There's no way I was going to let her do it again.

I was going to this meeting and I would play by Mackenzie's rules, but when I get there, I'm going to tell her that they need to leave me and everyone I care about alone. I'm sick and tired of all this bullshit. They need to get a new life and a new hobby.

But if I was going, I was about to walk in there looking like the baddest bitch alive.

I threw on a white sweater and some light blue jeans. I pulled on some white boots that came up close to my knees and headed to the bathroom.

I quickly did my foundation and eyebrows as I did close to everyday for tour. I was thankful for Lou teaching me so many makeup tips while I was there as I expertly applied my lip gloss. After my entire routine, I still spared plenty of time to make it to Starbucks.

Thankfully, Ana was in her room when I went to leave, so I didn't run into any interference when I left.

I drove to Starbucks which took a few minutes and remembered the last time I was here, I found out Perry worked there. I still hated him then. How ironic it was that now I was trying to help save his life by taking down these insanely jealous psychopaths.

When I pulled up, I could already see Mackenzie sitting inside at a booth. Even though it had been several years, I would never forget that face. The same girl who tripped me in the hallways in school. The one who made everyone laugh when I spilled water all over myself. The one who took my boyfriend from me on prom night and ruined what was supposed to be a great day for me.