30.5 The Lost Chapter

Yeah so this is completely unedited and written in record time so basically if you point out a typo you die simple as that.

And 31 is on its way today too. Don't panic. This isn't a disco.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Perry's P.O.V~

I took another sip of my coffee, careful not to burn my tongue from the heat. Starbucks had heated this cup to perfection by their standards - or at least perfection when I worked there.

Walking towards me with her cup, Harmony sat down across from me in the booth. It was still hard to get used to her brunette hair, freshly dyed a few days ago. Just looking at her face reminded me of how she crinkled her nose the first time she saw it, but after all, it was her decision.

"So our pictures aren't in the newspapers anymore." She told me, sighing.

"Well, it has been almost a month and a half since we were first kidnapped," I shrugged, "Plus, we aren't kidnapped anymore. So there's that."

The day that Harmony and I escaped from Dylan flashed in my mind. The run we did through the woods until we had finally made it to the outskirts of another town. After visiting the police station, Harmony was in ravels. She was scared to go home.

"Is your coffee hot?" She asked me, pulling me from my thoughts.

"Piping," I smiled, nodding.

Next to us, an infant in a high chair began to scream. His mother attempted to quiet him and when that didn't work, she took him outside.

The outburst reminded me of Harmony's panic attack. We were on the outer edge of a park, the first place we went to after the police station. We didn't have any money or a phone or a car so we had to walk to the sound of our stomachs growling.

When we were out of earshot, Harmony broke down, "They're not going to catch them, are they?"

"We have to hope for the best," I tried to tell her but she shook her head.

"They're too smart. They could catch Dylan, maybe even Mark. But Mia and Mackenzie are too smart to be found." She yelled, crying onto my shirt.

"Harmony, we have to be positive, okay?" I said, shaking her a little, "We just have to get a little money to get home and-"

"I can't go home!" Harmony screamed.

"Why not?" I questioned.

"If we go home, that's the first place Mackenzie would look to find us. We would just be starting the whole mess over again. I don't want to be kidnapped twice, I didn't even want to be kidnapped once!" She reasoned, gasping between each sentence from her tears.

"What other choice do we have?" I asked her, defeated in what we should do.

That's the moment that Harmony reached up and kissed me. Her lips tasted like salt from the tears that ran over them and in my shock, I didn't even have time to kiss back before she pulled away.

My face was still cupped between her hands as she said, "Let's start over. Here, in this town."

"Harmony, you can't be serious." I shook my head, shocked.

"Fine, I knew it was a long shot to begin with." She sighed, shaking her head as if she shouldn't have said anything at all. "Could we stay for a little while then?"

"I suppose, but what about Cassi-"

"Cassidy can obviously care less, right? I mean, I'm sure she's on tour living it up while we're stuck here. I hate to say it, but I don't think she cares, Perry." Harmony whispered.

"She does care," I tried, but I knew deep in my mind as well that she couldn't be doing much to help us.

"So, it's settled then?" She inquired.

I wasn't exactly sure what we were going to do, but I nodded anyways, "Yeah, I guess so."

That was almost three weeks ago. She got the idea to dye her hair just recently when she worried that someone might recognize her. She didn't want to say it, but I knew she was worried Mackenzie or one of her friends was out there, watching us.

Something I hadn't brought up was the kiss. It was awkward enough when it happened and she didn't seem to want to bring it up either. Sure, I liked Harmony a lot, but she's technically still with Liam. Liam, who hasn't heard from her in weeks.

"Have you talked to Liam?" I asked her, immediately face palming after doing so. We didn't have cell phones, how could she of?

"Oh yeah, he was the one taking my order." She rolled her eyes, "You know I haven't."

"Don't you think he's a nervous wreck? I mean, you kinda got together and then disappeared. What if he thinks you're dead?" I asked.

Her expression dropped from happily sarcastic to scared in less than a second, "Oh my god."

"Harmony, I didn't mean-"

"No, Perry, we must be worrying everyone sick. We have to go back, at least long enough to show them
that were alive. Maybe if I find Cassidy's mum, I can get Cassidy's number and call her. Talk to Liam." She spoke suddenly.

"Are you sure? You seemed pretty stuck on staying when we got here." I told her truthfully.

"I was wrong then. This is the right thing to do. Come on." She said, grabbing her cup of coffee.

I tossed my empty one into the bin I had noticed by the door as we walked out. What I didn't notice was Mackenzie sitting at a table in the distance, sipping a latte with a smile on her face.