1. Aftermath

First Chapter! :)

Let's get this party started!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ana's P.O.V~

"Cassidy, so you don't remember anyone in this room except your mom, Harmony, and me?" I asked her slowly.

I could feel my entire body shaking, terrified to hear her next answer. My hands had turned a very pale white and I glanced over at Niall, his body crumbling to the floor was enough to send chills through my body.

"I don't think so, but I would love to get to know them!" She replied, smiling. Typical.

"Does the name Niall Horan sound familiar to you?" I asked her, causing her to shake her head.

Niall raised from the floor, walking over to her and taking her hand in his. Her eyes widened, confused at to his intentions, before he whispered, "I.. I'm your boyfriend." Tears started streaming from his eyes, and I felt so bad for him. 

Cassidy turned towards me, wondering if he was telling the truth. She used to do the same thing all throughout middle and high school, and here she was, years later, doing it again. It was like all of her progress had disappeared, every part of her confidence that Niall had taught her had disappeared. I nodded, confirming what Niall had said was true.

"But what about Mark? Is he here?" she panicked, looking between the door and I quickly, "Please tell me he isn't here. Is he the reason I'm in here?" She began to hyperventilate and I tried to shush her. I didn't think it was a good idea to get her so worked up so soon after she woke up.

"Cassidy, you and Mark broke up. You've been separated for about six months now. You're safe," I told her, taking her hand in mine, "He's never going to hurt you again. You haven't even seen him in three months.

I looked around the room at everyone's sympathetic faces. I could tell that they all desperately wanted to hug her and tell her how much they missed her, but she wouldn't react properly. She didn't remember the past six months of memories we had made with them.

Her attention turned to Niall who was still holding her hand tightly, "So, you're my boyfriend now?"

Niall nodded quickly, wiping away his tears. He looked hopeful as Cassidy glanced at Harmony then at me. 

"Ana, can I talk to you alone for a few minutes?" She asked me, then turned to everyone else, "If that's okay with you all. I just need a few minutes to process everything." Everyone nodded and started filing out of the room. Cassidy's mum kissed her forehead before walking out, a sad Niall trailing slowly behind her.

As soon as the door closed, I took a seat beside Cassidy on her bed. Her wide eyes shifted to mine. Her next question surprised me, and honestly made me giggle.

"He's my boyfriend?!" She exclaimed in surprise, causing me to nod. 

"He's absolutely gorgeous!" She yelled again.

"Yes," I laughed at her remarks, "Yes, he is, but I need to get you caught up on everything that happened, okay?" She nodded quickly, urging me to continue.

"I know this is going to sound like a lot," I started, "but it's September. Today is actually your birthday, and you just turned 19, so happy birthday!" She laughed lightly, thanking me, and telling me to keep going.

"Back in March, you met Niall, and after spending some time with him, you started to fall for him. He asked you out, but since you were with Mark, you waited until you could break up with him. He didn't like that idea very much, but Niall saved you from him. That's when you broke up with him," I explained, sighing as I continued, "Do you remember Mia Constacio from high school?"