6. Generation

I really enjoyed writing this chapter! I hope you all enjoy it as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cassidy's P.O.V~

My hands pulled at the roots of my hair anxiously. We leave to go to Niall's house in an hour and I have no idea what I should bring.

I'm one of those people that can be leaving on a trip that will only last two days, but I need two suitcases and at least ten outfits just in case.

I was trying to use packing as an excuse to not think about actually meeting his parents. What if they don't like me? I know Niall said that they will, but it's impossible to know that for sure. I could always be incredibly awkward like always, or accidentally say something wrong.

I know I'm being paranoid, but still. Who wouldn't be in my situation?

I collapsed onto the bed beside my half-filled suitcase, claiming defeat. I heard footsteps near the door, and I assumed it was Niall coming to check on my progress.

Niall must of noticed the nervous expression on my face, and my fingers still twirling my hair in an attempt to calm myself. He only sighed as he watched me, "You have nothing to be worried about, babe."

His hands ran across mine before pulling me to where I was sitting on the edge of the bed. He leaned down and kissed my forehead, and ran his thumb against my cheek. The feeling was comforting, but it didn't stop the thoughts and possibilities from entering my mind.

"I'm still worried," I sighed, "They could always potentially hate me. What if they hate me so much that they make you break up with me?"

Niall paused, staring at me. His expression was unreadable, and I just wanted him to say something. Tell me I'm right, that I'm wrong, anything and just stop staring at me. His hands pulled up my desk chair and he sat down, still continuing to stare at me with the same intensity as before.

"Cassidy, I want you to listen to me, okay?" He said calmly. His voice sounding calm was almost as scary as if he had raised it.

"My parents absolutely adore you," he started, continuing to watch me with his deep blue eyes, "There is not a single reason in the world that they wouldn't like you."

As if my anxiety wasn't already bad, it then occurred to me that they might even hate me over my skin color. I've always been confident over being mixed, but it hadn't always been the easiest to find a boyfriend when his parents could have prejudices against me.

Niall moved toward me in the chair, taking both of my hands in his. His thumbs ran over my hands softly, caressing them. I glanced down to my arms, and Niall brought my hand up to his lips, kissing lightly.

"Baby, my parents raised me to view everyone equally," he told me honestly, "If you think they're going to judge you because of your skin color, then stop. I promise you that they are going to love you."

I nodded, attempting to hold my tears back. This was always a touchy subject for me, and I hated that Niall was having to reassure me about something I was already comfortable with. It's just the idea of losing him that scares me, and I never want anything to come between us.

Niall has always spoken so fondly of his mother, and I knew that he loves her very much. Both of us had always had trouble with our dad's — something I was halfway thankful for since I could talk to Niall about never meeting mine.

My mother fell in love with Niall so quickly, and I knew that she definitely talked to him while I was comatose in the hospital. I could only hope and pray that Niall's mother would love me as well.