34. Acute Paranoia

Almost a year later, but here I am!

Enjoy the chapter! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Niall's P.O.V~

I didn't think there was any way I could make myself go in her flat. No way I could face her after what I had done. The tears were already streaming down my face and I didn't make any effort to stop them as I realized I had to go in.

She was probably in the same state, crying or laying in bed watching tv. Something I should have been doing instead of going out with Zayn to "make myself feel better." Who was I fooling? The only thing that could make me feel better was Cassidy.

I got out of the car and knocked on the door several times before I just let myself in. She definitely wasn't going to come to the door in the state she's in. As I walked down the hall to her room, the tears kept on as I realized she may not want anything to do with me.

What if she's decided to leave me? She's always felt like the tiniest things would make me leave her, and this was massive to me. The way I freaked out and cursed at her? Was I too harsh with her? What if she was ready to break things off? I can't let that happen.

Once in her room, I saw that she wasn't in her bed. The tv was on as if she had just been in here. I turned toward the bathroom as I heard her faint crying, and no water from a shower or anything to cover it.

I suddenly feared the worst for her, that she had broken something and cut herself, a bad habit she once had. Or something worse.

I rushed to the door and found her, crying on the floor with a bottle of pills in her hand. My eyes widened. What had she done?

"Cassidy, oh my god baby, what did you do?" I yelled, falling to my knees in front of her and pulling the bottle from her hands, "How many did you take?!"

"One! I only took one. I had a panic attack." She yelled back, hitting the bottle out of my hand and making the rest of the pills fill the floor. She put her head in her knees as her tears started back.

"Baby, are you okay? I'm so sorry for yelling at you, and not being here for you. I'm so sorry." I cried, reaching for her hand, "Baby, please look at me."

Her head snapped up, but her face portrayed more anger than sadness. She looked hurt. Her voice was almost a whisper when she spoke. "Niall, How could you?"

"Baby, I'm sorry. I was mad, and I overreacted when you told me you had kissed Ashton. But please, I love you so much and I don't want to lose you over this." I told her.

She stood up, "That's what you think this is about?"

"What else would it be about?" I asked incredulous.

She stormed past me into her bedroom, only allowing me to get up and follow her, "Baby?" I tried.

She wouldn't answer me, ignoring me as if I wasn't standing less than five feet away from her crying and begging for her to forgive me. I knew nothing else would work, so I tried her name.

"Cassidy, what's wrong?"

She instantly turned to face me, anger burning in her eyes. "Niall, I know you were completely upset with me over what I did. I understand, anyone would be upset over something like that. But for you to go and do the exact same thing to me? I didn't think you were like that Niall Horan. That hurt me more than anything."

I stared at her, shocked, "What?"

"Who was she? Some model you just met at the bar? Couldn't wait to get you back to her place? I mean, really Niall. How drunk did you have to get to do something like that?"