PART 95 ~ ACCEPTANCE?

After the big revelation, all are still trying to come to terms with it. But luckily, Anand and Bela understands and supports Naina. And even, Mohit and Arvi are with her.

But Mr. Sharma is still not ready to listen to anything, and wants to file a case against Sameer for cheating his daughter. Though Sunaina, Ranveer, Pandit, Preeti, Raman, Ishita and Deepika tries their best to dissuade him, but he doesn’t back down.

While all this is going on, Sameer meets Sunaina in the terrace and apologizes to her. ‘I know, sorry is just a small word, to what I did to you, but try to forgive me! Mujhe pata hi nahi chala, yeh sab kab ho gaya, shaadi ki raat se hi, aur phir ab yeh!’

She doesn’t say anything, only nods in a yes. He feels let down, in his own eyes, as he understands the silence behind her nod. They remains like that, for the time being!

******

Next morning, Naina gets surprised to Sunaina in her room, after whatever happened yesterday. ‘Sunaina, I am sorry, I didn’t..’

‘No need for it. It’s past now,’ Sunaina said surprising her. ‘Look, who has come to visit you!’

She looks at little Naina, and emotionally opens her arms for her, bending at her level. Little Naina just looks at her, but Sunaina urges her to hug her mother.

Little Naina, then walks to her but instead of hugging her, pushes her, shocking them. ‘No, aap meri Mumma nahi hai, aur kabhi nahi ho sakti!’

‘Beta, aisa nahi kehte! She is your mother, say sorry to her,’ Sunaina scolds her.

Little Naina hugs her, ‘No, she is not my mother and I will not say sorry! Aap meri Mumma ho, sirf aap yeh aunty nahi!’ She runs away from there.

Sunaina holds Naina and tells her, she didn’t mean it. Naina smiles hiding her tears, ‘Don’t be, she told what is right and we all know, she would not have got a better mother, than you! You are the best mother for her and I am so happy! Aur mene uski maa, hokar bhi uski sakaal bhi nahi dekhi, aur uske baare mein kabhi puchne ki koshish bhi nahi ki, kesi maa hu mein!’

She looks at her, ‘Yeh tumhara badappan hai, jo tumne yeh kaha! Anyways, I know that you will be wanting to have this baby with you, but I can’t give you, like the way you gave us!’

‘Arey no, I will not and this baby is yours and only yours, I will not claim it,’ Naina said touching her womb.

She smiles with happiness. ‘You don’t know, how happy you have made me today, by saying this. Aur ab mere paas bhi tumhare liye, ek khush khabari hai! Mera aur Sameer ka divorce do tin din mein ho jaayega aur phir woh sirf tumhara hoga!’

Naina asks her the details, and she tells her everything.

******

Naina and Kartik are sitting on a swinger, silently gazing the stars. ‘I am sorry Kartik, I am really sorry! I unknowingly gave pain to the purest soul in the world, who loved me unconditionally! I know I shouldn’t have done it, but..’ she said breaking the silence.

He wipes her tears, ‘No you didn’t and no need to apologize. Remember, I had asked you about it and you had denied that time, but I knew something is bothering you! Though you hated him, but that hate converted into love when you saw him after year’s, and this proves the little love you had for him, along with hate. Love won in this battle, and I am so happy for you! You both are made for each other.’

‘Kartik, I don’t know what should I say. But, you are the only person in this world, who understood me, supported me during my difficult phase, who saved me from my stupid suicide attempt, who knows me better than anyone else, more than me! Thank you for always being there for me, but promise me, you will remain like this only and we will always remain friends like we are now,’ she holds her hand in front of him.

He places his hand in her hand. ‘I promise, we will be friends forever!’

She hugs him happily.