PART 58 ~ DISTRESS NAINA

Midnight

O M

SwaMun are making Swanna sleep, while Preeti after checking on her children’s, walks to her room….

******

PreeDit's room

Preeti enters their room and sees Pandit, on the bed sleeping…She walks to him “So gaye?”, But not getting any response she literally jerks him….Still no response, so jerks him even hard….Still no response, so she throws water on his face…He quickly gets up screaming “Pree, barish aa rahi hai, close the window quickly”….”GW, barish nahi hai….I threw water on you, to make you up” she sarcastically says….”Oh!...Why, but?” he scans her up….”Kabse puch rahi thi, ki tum so gaye….But you didn’t utter a word, so….” She said folding her hands on her chest….”Tum ne mujhe yeh puchne ke liye jagaya…How rude, I was sleeping so peacefully…” She ignores his words “Aur kya?....Mujhe horror film dekhni hai”….”Khudki sakal dekhlo…” he mumbles, going back to sleep….”Kya kaha tumne😠….See, I am not asking you…But telling you, so you don’t have any choice…” she makes him sit up….She walks on the bed, but for him it’s on his legs “Aahh….Can’t you just come from your side😒”….”So you want me to walk all the way up from that side….How mean😒” she….They both then watches the horror film, cuddling to each other, but more as to she not wanting to let him sleep….😝😂

******

London

MALHOTRA’S VILLA

Lawn

Naina and Kartik are alone there, sitting on a swing….Both want to start a conversation, but not getting the exact “how”….Then finally, he speaks up asking the question, which he dreads but need to get on “I have always wanted to ask you this but didn’t know if I should really ask….But then I want it to be clear from our both sides…Is….” Before he could put it in she interrupts him “Please, come to the point….I can’t understand this puzzles”….He sighs and goes ahead “I just want to know, if you really…..I mean really?....Even if it’s a no, tell me…” She looks away “We are in a relationship from last 5 yrs and still you want answer?....You don’t know me or you are just pretending like….?....Mujhe nahi samaj mein aata yeh sab”…..He feels guilty for hurting her “Hey, I didn’t mean to hurt you….Of course, I know you….Par tumhara chehra kuch aur bata raha hai….” She realizes “Nahi….If that was the case, I wouldn’t have made by mind 5 yrs back….It takes a lot of courage, especially after someone you know like from childhood breaks your self esteem….See, I am very thankful to you, for giving me this new life….Agar tum us din nahi aate toh….Sayad mein….” He keeps his finger on her mouth, as she looks at him “Never say that again….Problems toh sab ki zindagi mein aati hai….And you don’t need to pretend for anyone, you are very beautiful in your own way, ask me….That person must be blind, who didn’t see your beauty….Par yeh sab past hai, tumhe sirf future ke baare mein sochna chahiye”….She walks a few steps away and laughs a bit “Very funny….Kash tumhari tarah sabhi hote….But that’s not the case….Thank you for being the best friend for me” she hugs him “Anyways, tumhare question ka jawab nahi mere paas tab tha, aur nahi aaj….Chalo ab raat bohot ho chuki hai, kal milte hai” she runs from there, battling her tears….”Jawab toh mein jankar hi rahunga….Whatever it takes” he says in his mind….

******

Naina’s room

Naina sits on her bed and taking the pillow, cries her heart out “Kyun kiya tumne mere saath aisa?....Where was I wrong?”…..She has Sameer’s (her once best friend) words in her mind “Mein tumse pyar karunga?....How on Earth do you even got it?....Dosti ke naam par yeh sab chal raha tha, tumhare dimag mein….You took advantage of my friendship…Now everything is over between us….Ab chali jao meri nazaro se….Just go😡!”…..She thinks “I know it was just an….But still I can feel it’s pain, as we had to do it….But to me, it impacted a lot….”

******

Mumbai, India

K M

SaIna’s room

Balcony

Sameer is sitting there alone, looking at the sky but his mind is flashing the scene from 5.5 yrs back, the same scene which he was so proud of, only if he knew it will have a break down moment for him, whenever he thinks of 'her'….”Wish I knew, what I was getting at….Then it would have been different….Kash us waqt thoda aur time miljata, toh use kabhi jaane nahi deta….But she knew the whole thing, the whole setup then why suddenly?....I understood after she went, never to be back….But then, I had made a promise which I needed to fulfill….I am missing her, but can’t do anything….I can’t even ask Preeti….Hamara sach samne aajayega aur mein yeh risk nahi le sakta….I cannot….” He thinks burying his head in his palms and cries….

******

PRECAP ~

Sameer “No I didn’t cheat….You cheated…”
Naina “No Papa, I didn’t….You always do this…”
Sameer “No, I don’t…”
Naina “Yes Papa, you do…”
Sameer “No…”

******

Naina “Wow, I am impressed….”
Kartik “Thanks my love…”

She laughs….