PART 76 ~ SUNAINA TAKES A DECISION

Night

K M

Hall

Sameer came home and calls out to Naina, but she is not in the home.

‘Instead of calling Naina, why don’t you admit you are missing Sunaina? We all can see it, how much you are missing her,’ Preeti said coming down with Kiara.

He just gives a pale smile. ‘By the way, where are they?’

Kiara laughs ‘Now Maama, don’t be so secretive. We all know Maami have already told you about her going to her Dad’s place with Naina.’

He acts as if he suddenly remembers it. ‘Oh yes, she had told me and I only told her to spend time with them.’

‘How dare she to go and even took Naina, without my permission,’ he seethes with anger from within.

‘Are you okay?’ Preeti asked him seeing him standing rooted to the place.

‘Yeah!’ he replies coming out of his revere.

‘Then join us for dinner. Hum tumhara hi intezaar kar rahe the.’ Preeti said arranging the dinning table. He smiles a bit and walks towards his room, to get fresh before joining everyone for dinner.

******

SaIna's room

Once in the confine of their room, he calls her.

******

Sharma Niwas

Sunaina's room

Sunaina sees her cell buzzing, but seeing the caller id she doesn’t pick up. She walks towards her daughter Naina, and seeing her sleeping peacefully, sighs a relief, as she has no energy left in her to make her sleep, after today’s eventful day. She caresses her forehead, as lays besides her.

******

K M

SaIna's room

Sameer tries to sleep, but is unable to sleep, reason for which he too doesn’t know. He looks at the empty side of the bed and recalls Sunaina not picking his call. He then gets up and walks towards the window, but even the fresh air can’t give him the peace he badly wants now.

He feels strange to know, that he is actually missing his wife. Maybe because he always thought, she is here with him, but now when she isn’t, he is missing her terribly.

******

Sharma Niwas

Sunaina's room

Sunaina is emotionally looking at the sleeping form of her daughter. ‘I will do whatever it takes to save you. Even if..Even if I have to beg..’

She brushes off her tears, seeing her cell buzzing, but this time the caller id showing Doctor. She quickly picks it up, wondering what was so urgent, that she had to call at this hour in the night.

‘Thank you so much doctor, you don’t know this news have given me a new ray of hope. I was wondering, until your call came. God, is kind!’ she cuts the call, elated like never before. She kisses Naina emotionally on her forehead. ‘Now, everything will be fine!’

But suddenly, she gets reminded of the bitter truth and fresh tears wells up in her eyes again. Just at that moment, she gets a call from Sameer, which she ignores.

She walks towards the window, as only thing is revolving in her mind. He has broke her heart again.

But she knows, whatever be the matter, she has to be strong for her unborn baby and she will be.

‘You can’t pretend keeping something in your life forever. If it’s not working you have to let it go. However much difficult it is.’ She thinks wiping her tears.

In that very moment, she takes a decision. A decision, which will make her treed that dreaded path, but she is determined to fulfil it, however may it breaks her.