PART 86 ~ GET TOGETHER

2 Day’s Later

Late Evening

K M

Hall

Sunaina have organised a get together at her place, since Naina and Kartik have been here and it’s apt for their group to meet up, since it’s been a long time. Naina, Kartik, Preeti and Pandit arrives together, with their children’s. She welcomes them warmly.

‘Omg Maami, you are glowing. So beautiful!’ Kiara exclaims happily hugging her. She blushes.

‘You should not bother much. I mean, you should take rest as much as possible,’ Naina suggests, but she dismisses it. ‘It’s okay yaar, not a trouble. I was feeling bored and why not we all meet up again. That time, we couldn’t spend much time, but this time we can!’

‘Yes, true I agree with you on it!’ Preeti said excitedly. ‘And you know what Nain, jab aise occasions hote hai tab, Sameer hi khana banata hai, woh Aru ka bohot hi acche se dhyan rakhta hai. In dono ka pyar aaj bhi kayam hai, pehle ki tarah!’

She gives them a pale smile.

‘By the way, where are aunty and di?’ Naina asked.

‘Actually, they went to Papa's place to give us privacy,’ she said.

Just then, little Naina came there and meets everyone. On seeing her, Naina gives her a chocolate and she happily takes it and is about to go, but Sunaina stops her. ‘Bad manners beta. You should say thank you!’

‘Sorry Mumma, I forgot,’ the little girl then turns to Naina. ‘Thank you aunty. Mumma, ab mein jaau?’

‘Haan, jaao,’ Sunaina said to her daughter and she runs from there, followed by the rest of the children’s leaving their parents alone.

‘Hey, Sunaina, ye tumhare liye,’ Naina gives her the packet of imli. She gets super happy. ‘Omg, thank you so much Nain, I was actually craving for it since morning!’

‘My pleasure,’ Naina said smiling.
‘By the way, you didn’t brought anything for Sameer?’ she asked her.

‘Actually, no as I was confused what should I bring. I don’t know what he likes now. Waqt ke saath sab kuch badal jaata hai,’ she said.

Just then, Sameer comes from the kitchen and welcomes them. ‘Yeah, you rightly said everything changes with time and we should change according to it. But sometimes, the heart doesn’t allow for it!’

To all it didn’t matter, but she, Naina and he knows the true meaning behind his words.

‘Waise I don’t feel like I am meeting you all for the first time, off course we did met two day’s. But what I meant is, Naina had talked a lot about you all, and now it looks I have known you all from the longest time. It feels so good,’ Kartik said happily.

‘That’s absolutely true,’ Naina said joining him.

‘That’s wonderful! Actually, jab hum Mauritius mein the, tab hi hume pata chala tha, tumhare concert ke baare mein, but unfortunately we couldn’t get the tickets. Warna, hum tabhi hi milte,’ she said.

‘That’s really unfortunate! But destiny has it’s own plan and we did met,’ he said.

‘That’s true and I do believe in it,’ Preeti said smiling.

They continues talking.

******

After Sometime

They all are having dinner, with the servants serving them. Preeti notices Naina hasn’t touched her favorite dish, which Sameer prepared for her, and she nudges her.

‘Mujhe pasand thi, lekin ab nahi hai! Everything has changed, and we should accept it. But yes, Kartik loves it,’ she said serving it Kartik, who smiles back at her.

But for him, it was like a taunt.

‘Arey Sunaina, how much you have been through?’ she asked her friend.

‘7th month has started,’ she replies blushing.

‘Then, have you thought about baby shower? I think, hume yehi week mein karna chahiye, what say?’ she asked.

‘Yes, in fact I was going to say it. But you said it!’ Preeti said smiling.

Sunaina smiles and looks at Sameer, thus stopping him from saying no. She knows him better.

‘Anyways, you all should come to my and Kartik's wedding, which is going to be on the new year’s eve. Will send the official invite later, but you all should come,’ she said happily.

‘Yes, we will definitely come,’ Sunaina and Preeti said together.

‘Haan, hum toh aayenge hi, jab itne pyar se invite kiya hai. Kyunki hum un mein se nahi, jo invite karne ke bawajud bhi nahi aate,’ Sameer said sarcastically.

She understand the hidden meaning behind his jibe.

‘Arey Sameer, we all know the why, then too you are taunting her. Too bad,’ Preeti said.

‘Behna, I was just pulling her legs. Definitely, we will come,’ he said.

She wants to reply, but controls herself as she doesn’t want to spoil anyone’s mood. Instead, she changes the topic. ‘Waise, hum sabki zindagi mein koi aisa hota hai, jinpe hume pura bharosa hota hai, toh Preeti tumhari zindagi mein kaun hai aisa?’

‘My children’s,’ Preeti replies looking at them.

‘Then, what about me?’ Pandit asked shocked.

‘Off course it’s you!’ Preeti said smiling. They all laughs.

‘Ab tum batao Sameer, tumhari life mein kon hai aisa,’ she asked him.

‘My family,’ he replies.

‘How diplomatic!’ she exclaims.

‘You are asking this question to a married man, what do you expect as an answer from him!’ he said looking at Sunaina, but she avoids his gaze.

‘Now you say Nain,’ Sunaina said nudging her.

‘My fiancé Kartik,’ she blushes looking at him. They all teases them, enjoying and spending quality time with each other.

******

PRECAP ~ PAST GLIMPSE (1)