PART 82 ~ NAINA MEETS JR. NAINA

Evening

Oberoi Mall

Kartik and Naina arrives there to do shopping for his concert and as his event is for a pre Christmas party. They wants to look their best. ‘I think you should also shop for our upcoming wedding. Maybe we might not get that much time to shop there.’ He said looking at her. ‘Or we might be getting married here itself! What say?’

‘No, I don’t want that! Not here and that’s for sure. And as soon as your work gets over, we will fly back!’ She replies sternly. He doesn’t reply but smiles. She gets more irritated, ‘No, don’t do that! I can’t stay here for long. I want to go back!’

‘We will go back but for time being we will be here! Don’t you feel like meeting your friends or sister?’ he asked her. ‘Now don’t spoil your mood and enjoy the shopping, your love!’

She nods and they hops to the best shop which sells designer wears.

*****

Sunaina and Naina arrives in the same mall for shopping. They goes to the second floor. Kartik and Naina are also there, but they don’t see each other. They are in the opposite directions.

*****

Kartik and Naina are inside a shop, checking the designer clothes, when her eyes falls on a beautiful dress in the mannequin. She wanders off alone to look at it closely.

*****

After repeatedly telling Naina, not to wander alone, she doesn’t pay heed to her mother and is roaming in the floor. Suddenly, she feels lost in the huge mall and looks for her mother, but doesn’t find her.

*****

Naina is still checking the dress, when feels someone’s small, soft hand holding her hand and speaking only, one word, ‘Mumma!’

She turns around and sees a little girl holding her hand. But soon little Naina’s face falls, and she jerks her hand off her. ‘Aap toh Mumma nai hai!’

She bends to her level and pats her head. ‘Toh aapki Mumma kaha hai? Are you lost?’

Jr. Naina nods her head in a yes. She smiles. ‘Okay, let’s find your mother then! Where did you see her last? But first tell me your name. What’s your name?’

‘Naina!’ Jr. Naina replies. She gets surprised, ‘Guess, we both have the same name! Aapka ye naam kis ne rakha?’

‘Mein kyu batau. I just want to go to my Mumma. Aunty, please help me,’ Jr. Naina looks at her hopefully. She smiles and holds her hand and are about to go, when Kartik comes there. She explains him the situation and together they goes to find her mother.

*****

Sunaina is searching for her daughter in every possible places, but doesn’t find her. She gets panic and considers making an announcement, as the last resort.

Just when she is about to reaches there, she finds a little girl resembling her daughter and calls her out. Jr. Naina gets very happy and runs towards her. She hugs her and tells her not to this again. Jr. Naina apologies to her and her unborn sibling too.

Kartik and Naina smiles looking at them, but can’t see her face as her back is towards them. Naina realises that they both have wore the same dress, that’s why the confusion happened.

‘Mumma, that uncle and aunty helped me finding you. They are very nice people!’

‘Who?’ She asked her and her daughter points at them. She turns around to thank them, but sees them going. ‘If they meet next time, I will thank them profusely. Let’s go home!’ She holds her hand and takes her from there.

*****

Naina turns around and sees them going, but is a bit sad too as she couldn’t meet that child’s mother. ‘If only, I could meet her. But why I am feeling some connection with that little girl?’