1:20

When Diego and Luther finally find their teenage psychopath brother and his pyromantic companion, they are both asleep, or so it seems.

Five was using a duffel bag as a pillow, a near empty bottle of vodka at his side. Lena was a few feet away, lying sprawled out on her back on the cold floor, one of her arms resting across her eyes.

It seemed at a closer glance that she wasn't actually asleep - her fingers were drumming a rhythm on her stomach, leaving a tiny burnt out hole looking like she had dropped a cigarette on her top on accident.

Lena was still uncomfortably warm and in a tired daydream, unable to hear the two Hargreeves talking about their state. She had thought about stepping outside for a while because it was cooler out their but didn't want to leave Five alone, especially while drinking.

Diego exchanged a glance with Luther. The both of them thought she looked unwell.

When Lena snapped out of it, her shoe was nudged by something and expecting it to be Five, she lifted her arm slightly, the bright fleurecent lights burning her eyes and making her squint. Every noise, every scrape of a chair or footstep or flick of a page made her head pound.

When she saw it was Diego, her eyes lit up orange.

"Cool it, lava girl." He muttered. "It's just me."

That didn't make her feel better. She eyed the large man next to him and her distaste grew. How had they found them? More importantly, why?

She glanced out the corner of her eye at her husband, seeing he was still asleep nearby, and lowered her arm back over her eyes, wanting to sleep more.

Her fingers still tapped rapidly on her stomach, moving with nervous energy.

"Come on, we're leaving."

Lena groaned, turning on her side and covering her face like a tired teenager being told she had to get up for school.

Diego was unamused.

"Why?" She whined, closing her eyes.

"We'll explain on the way." Luther said.

Diego continued. "I'm fine leaving you here so make up your mind. Luther, you pick up Five."

Lena peered through her fingers to see Luther carrying Five as though he weighed nothing. He didn't even stir, deep asleep. She was kind of annoyed they were disturbing them. He needed the rest. He deserved it.

Lena huffed a heavy sigh and slowly dragged herself up to a stand, using the wall for support. Her limbs were stiff and her stitches tightened against her bandages uncomfortably. She rubbed her tired eyes and ignored the dizzy wave hitting her, stumbling after them and her husband, picking up their bag and leaving the vodka bottle for a concerned cleaner to find later on.

As they walked, she stayed a decent distance behind just from feeling tired and a bit sick. All she could think about was the apocalypse and how they had no lead anymore. The likelihood of them having to go through the same bullshit again was ridiculously high.

It was all she could think about as she wordlessly followed the idiots and her comatose husband, messing with her lighter along the way to keep her focussed.

They were all walking down an alleyway in the middle of the night, the cool air chilling Lena's hot skin. Well, most were walking. Five was still in Luthers arms being carried like a child, now half awake and still drunk out of his mind.

She had to keep flicking her lighter in her hand to keep her mouth shut.

"Well, we can't go back to the house. It's not secure," Luther stated and she looked at him, suddenly more awake. "Those psychopaths could come back at any moment."