1:6

Following Five to his old room was like trying to find a way out of a labyrinth blindfolded

Following Five to his old room was like trying to find a way out of a labyrinth blindfolded. The turns all meshed into one, the halls all looked the same, the doors were a toss of the dice.

Lena had always wondered what it would be like to live in a house as large as this; now she realised she would be lost in her own home forever. What a way to go... Not able to find the kitchen because you cant remember if its left at the creepy portrait on the wall or right, so you starve to death in a lonely dark hallway because you have no sense of direction and your attention span is less than impressive.

Five opened the door to what she assumed was his bedroom.

Her mouth twitched up into a small smile at how boyish and youthful it made Five look standing amidst the toy cars and the globe on the shelf and the posters on the wall. Everything had a layer of dust over it, though.

Lena brushed her finger along the window ledge and inspected the dust sticking to her skin, scanning the rest of the room with a light smile.

She guessed eventually someone had stopped bothering to clean the place since he hadn't showed any sign of returning. The thought alone made her feel small and insignificant. How strange it was.

The wardrobe opening made a clicking sound.

Lena turned to see Five inspecting what looked like ten different sets of the same academy uniform hanging untouched in shades of crisp white and navy blue.

She fought back the urge to laugh and covered her mouth with the back of her hand as he sent a glare her way. It barely hid her grin.

"This is far from funny." He said dryly, holding one set in front of him.

"It's a little funny," she protested. "Can't you borrow some of your brothers clothes?"

"I'd rather throw myself out that window." He grit out. The uniform laid out on the bed and he didn't look happy to say the least. He began removing his blazer jacket and her eyes widened.

"Can you give me a warning first?" I exclaim, backing up towards the door to leave.

"You've seen it all before."

"Right, you want your siblings to walk in and realise that we're more than what you said we are?"

Friends, he had said. That alone was laughable given the metallic weight on each of their ring fingers that no one had noticed.

Five, amused, threw the blazer over the end of his bed and unravelled his tie from around his neck.

"If you're so bothered by it, go ask one of my sisters for some spare clothes." 

She rose an eyebrow, brushing over her lovely red blazer. "You don't like this?"

He didn't hesitate. "Your trousers are hanging off of your hips."