3:19

In the brief amount of time Lena and Five were given alone, which was not nearly as much as they needed, Five remained quiet in deep thought while Lena looked for something to distract herself with

In the quaint little seating area they were in, there were little shelves behind the red couches with little trinkets and books. At a glance most were on the history of the city, but one had caught her eye. Out of shere boredom she picked it out and set it in her lap, gazing at the image on the cover.

A black and white photograph of the very Hotel they sat in. The details were mostly the same, but little things like the surrounding buildings were much older, and instead of the street out front sat a lush set of steps with tall grass either side.

Unable to focus much, Lena flicked through it, barely scanning the words beneath the black and white images enough to take the information in.

She found herself staring for a long time at one photo of the opening of the Hotel where ribbon tied in a knot outside the main doors reached across either side. She assumed it would have been red, and the next picture was of a group of men standing at the doors, the ribbon cut at their feet, in old fashioned suits.

Built in the early nineteen hundreds, it stood as a building of the utmost hospitality for all who could afford the stay.

'A functioning hotel known for its discretion and leniency.'

Lena massaged her temple, the migraine she was now sitting with causing her eyes to water every so often when a particularly sharp pain shot through her skull. The words on the page blurred and twisted as she read the next passage in a daze, but something about it had her pause to go back.

... Sir Reginald Hargreeves generously funded the construction of the esteemed establishment in 1918...

Lena lifted her gaze from the book, something in her stomach twisting. Without thinking, she carefully tore the page from the book and folded it, tucking it into the pages of the stolen journal still at her side.

Five glanced her way briefly, busy picking at his nails, but found himself too tired to even ask what she was doing.

She scanned the book with a newfound energy, trying to find any tid bits of information she could, but found everything else was about all of its rumoured esteemed guests and how the building and its reputation miraculously 'withstood the test of time.'

Out of frustration she snapped the book shut and threw it down, turning to look across the rest of the book titles.

Disappointment and frustration built as she ran a hand through her hair that had long since been let out of its ponytail, now in long messy waves around her shoulders.

"You okay?" Five's voice was devoid of much vigour, and it bothered her.

She closed her eyes, unwilling to face him. "No. Are you?"