3:11

(Get ready for the trauma of season 3. I apologise in advance)

 I apologise in advance)

T

hey all stared up at the high security door latched with thick steel. A small, blinking red light was at the top, illuminating them all every few seconds. There was nothing but the sound of a tiny hum of electricity from the security pad on the wall.

What looked like a scanner sat staring at them all, waiting for one of them to step up.

Lila did it curiously, looking into it, but there was a sharp alarm buzzing that made her step back.

"Unauthorised access." An automated voice spoke clearly.

She sighed. "Oh, shit. We're screwed."

Lena was focussed on the curious door at first, but when she saw the strange fidgety state Five was in, she suddenly felt her stomach drop.

A sheen of sweat coated his skin as he grew paler by the second, rubbing the back of his neck as though scratching a persistent itch that just wouldn't go away. He looked up at the door in trepidation, as though he was sick.

"Cariño?" She whispered, sliding her hand up his sleeve to rest it at the crook of his elbow.

He glanced at her and flashed a quick, wavering smile in an attempt to reassure her, but all it did was make panic crawl up her spine.

She scanned him strangely, something familiar pricking at her skin.

"Five." She stated more firmly this time.

Lila turned at the concerned tone of her voice and her eyes widened.

"Jesus! You're sweating like a dodgy shrimp on ice. What's wrong?"

He got a funny look on his face as he hesitantly approached the device on the wall. It whirred and whizzed, as though in thought, before the light above turned green.

"Access granted."

Lena released a shaky breath, stepping up beside Five with her hand on his arm, heart racing.

And without meaning to, the light flashed in her own eyes and the voice spoke again.

"Access granted."

The girl stared wide eyed at Five, who was frowning deeply, hands shaky at his sides. She could feel it all the way through his bones.

The door clicked and hissed, the great sheet of metal sliding open before their eyes.

"I guess you're both essential personell." The woman behind them mused.

They all hesitantly entered into the lavish looking room. Although it was more modern than everything else in the building, it was slate grey with white walls. Monotonous but professional. Nothing quite like the commission they knew.