1:9

In a split turn of events, Five decided last minute to change plan and head to his favourite siblings place to spill the news. Lena Flores came to the conclusion she liked Vanya Hargreeve's apartment very much.

A steady beam of light from the street lamps crept in through the crack in the curtains, and the apartment as a whole was cosy. Something Lena could see herself owning one day, or wishing to own, when or if life ever changed to something remotely normal. The couch was comfortable and she immediately sank into the soft material, Five opting to sit in the arm chair by the lamp.

There was a heaviness weighing her down, and she knew he could see it in the way she carried myself. She was tired, quieter than usual. Her headaches were getting more frequent and there were a few times that they had been incapacitating; it was constantly on her mind each time one sprung up, what would happen next.

She swallowed thickly and rested her head back against the couch before hissing and snapping her head back up, hand shooting to the back of her neck.

Fives eyes flashed with concern as they darted to Lena. "You okay?"

She sighed and murmured a faint, "yeah, just... forgot." And placed her hands in her lap.

It seemed in this rare quiet moment alone that they were able to actually talk to each other. Her eyes followed the curve of his jaw, the shadows in his eyes and the way his hair fell across his forehead. He looked so withered despite his youthful outward appearance.

What was that saying, that the eyes were the windows of the soul? When she looked into his eyes she could see all the pain and regret and worry he fought so hard to hide from her. He was always worried about everything and everyone but himself.

"Are your headaches getting worse?" He shifted forwards so that he was closer, clasping his hands together.

She avoided his eyes, mulling over the right answer. She didn't want to have him more stressed.

"They're more frequent," she admitted, rubbing her temple. "I'm fine. You need to stop worrying about me."

"Is that meant to be a joke?" He asked quietly.

"You need to think of yourself before you think of other people sometimes." She said in an equally soft tone.

"What you're asking of me is a herculean task, Lena," his smile is one of disbelief, but she sees behind his eyes that he's tired too, just like her. "Are you trying to tell me you don't spend most of your time worrying about me like I do about you?"

The girls response is inmediate. "Don't flatter yourself." There was a slight smile on her lips. He's goez quiet, and the smile slowly dissipates. "Of course I do," I said finally, softly, seriously.

Although the hoy in front of her wants to say something, the lock twisting and clicking makes them go silent in wait.

The second the door is open Five switches on the lamp beside him, making Vanya jump in fright.

But as Vanya spoke, surprise clouding her features at the sight of Five and Lena sitting in her empty, dark apartment, the pain in the latters head blossomed to something borderline unbearable.

She let out a shaky breath and covered her eyes with her hand, slumping against the couch, ignoring the slight sting in the back of my neck. It was nothing compared to this. Her hand heated up as it pressed against her skin.

Their conversation was lost on the girl.

She vaguely recalled someone offering her a coffee but Five brushing her off for her sake.