Mistakes and Kisses

"Bitchesssszz."

Elle's slurred speach says it all.

" Zebra, how's Zoo? "

I slapped Brit playfully.

"You owe me big time. Sister asked me if you were sleeping at the dorm since she's not seeing you anymore at the lobby. I swear. If you so ask another week full of lies I'll forget you even existed Brit. "

I got my notebook and tried writing something for my lit when Brit eyed Elle and nudged me by my elbows.

"Give her that. She's been crying like a  banshee. Love issues. " Brit stood up, still cuddling her red cup like a new born baby.

True enough.

She reeked of alcohol. Dazed and Confused.

"Yay. Girls night out! "

It was Brit handling me a cup.

" I don't drink. " I pushed it away.

"Come on. Loosennn Upppp. "

"Brit. Come home already. I want to go to heaven and not swim in the fiery pits of hell. My lies for you are already due, my guardian angels are now having a headache. "

"Or dare."

"No. "

"Just one teeny tiny si---"

Brit's hand holding the cup was gently flipped off by a hand behind me.

"She said no,  Brit."

He sat next to me. We haven't talked since last night. I never knew he'd be here. I don't know what to feel.

"Mansonella ozzardi  can cause arthralgias,  headaches, fever, pulmonary...symptoms...pruri---what's that again? "

Thanks Elle.

Her voice boomed. Memorizing things like she should. It's finals week next week and yes sister. Even when we're broken we still have to study.

I haven't seen Brit since she excused herself to pee. After sometime in her drunken skit, Elle dozed off. I just sat there with him in total, deafening silence.

" M. ozzardi "

I haven't noticed Bran opening his notes. More so, I never expected he'd talk to me like nothing happened.

"What ?"

"Where does it reside?"

"I haven't read that part--"

"Think Zeb. I can't think for you. "

What. Did. He. Just. Say?

"I love you. Really. You should've known that by now but glitz and gold aside. Finals is next week."

"It's best if you use unicorns and rainbows as metap--"

" Lit can wait. Study these and the table I made for tissue nematodes. When I come back I'll ask you questions. And yes,  flirting aside. One mistake. One kiss. "

"No flirting. You just said it! "

"No flirting. Just studying. " He walked out and excused himself to make some Coffee.