Alice

"Alice? "

Her eyes were strained, her lips trembled, her knees buckled---

"I can't." Tears streamed down her angelic face. I cupped her hands with mine.

"Alice. Do you want to talk about it? "

"No."

"Okay. I'll be here. Always, forever and always."

It's past twelve midnight. She's sleeping on my bed. Curled like a stray kitten. I never imagined we'd be friends . She's like the prettiest girl that's not sassy at all. She's too sweet, she's like a walking spinkles and glitters, she's very humble, she's the epitome of Beauty in and out.

But contrary to what the world sees. She's struggling too. She hides her pain from giggles and smiles. Her act of happiness came from what she's truly craving for. Because we only wish what we don't have.

My phone rang. It was Bran.

"Zebra, I need youuuuuu. Help"

"It's ZEBIANA." It's 2 in the morning.
I went out of the room to answer him. I don't want to disturb my sleeping roomie.

The hallway was eerily silent.

"Bran, I swear if this isn't important."
I unlocked the door leading to the fire exit.

"Are you scarrrrrred Boooo. "

I welcomed the cold breeze of Dawn.

"Zebianna. Fire exit at 2." Alice whispered while we were in the elevator.

"Sure. Just knock. " I whispered back.

The elevator ride was elbow to elbow. Dormers rushing to school, getting their laundries, or those from sleep overs sporting their day old clothes.

The moment we came to a stop at our floor we hurriedly went to our separate rooms to change. Dormers were eyeing us like we've grown two pairs of head. We were running, getting bet as to who will open  doors first. Her room was on the left wing, mine was right. I got my keys ready and when I turned the knob it got stuck.

I saw her at the end of the hallway, already flailing her flimsy arms at me, shouting booo.

"And---" I tried to warn her.

The door next to hers opened. It's our Senior, the cute Med student. I couldn't hear but from the looks of it Alice was reprimanded.

And. Well. My door is jammed.

•••

Hello!  So it's just now that I've realized I used the name Zen to my other book "Empty Hospital Bed" And I don't want readers to be confused 😔 So I changed Zen here to Zeb.

If you crave for flirting and cheesy lines please Read Empty Hospital Bed! 

Don't forget to Vote 💗💗💗