Unmasked ~ Cale

Cale gazed at the stranger in complete terror. But the person had eyes only for Japeth, who quailed under his blue flecked with gold stare.

The stranger ran a hand through his copper brown hair in annoyance. "Oh for God's sake, Japeth. Calm down. I don't want to hurt anyone." His voice lifted to a teasing tone.

Cale looked to his teacher for support but he only gripped his hand harder, his other hand reaching for his neck, as if to see it was still there.

The stranger rolled his eyes. "Relax." He growled, crossing his arms. "Maybe if you announce my presence to the entire school then I will kill you. Again."

Again?! Cale spun to face the male in shock. What does he mean again? The prince's eyes were wide.

Behind them, the Storian scratched furiously across pages, capturing this moment forever. The three boys looked at each other. Finally, the stranger lifted his mask, revealing a very familiar face.

His eyes were the same as Moni's. His smile, his hair, his skin tone. Even the way he spoke was just like his daughter's.

Cale was staring at Rhian in shock, only overcoming it when Japeth growled and pushed him behind him.

"How is this possible?" Japeth hissed, his eyes narrowing like a Snake. "I killed you." He bared his teeth at Rhian who only rolled his eyes.

Rhian smiled and it was terrifying. Both twins stared each other down. Cale brushed his teacher aside and stood in between the two.

"Ok, lets all calm down before someone starts biting the others head off." Cale rested his hands on each brother's shoulders.

Japeth relaxed a little under his touch but he was still very tense as he remained staring—unblinking at Rhian.

The other male just shook his head. "I don't take orders from first years." Rhian narrowed his eyes at Cale. "Especially those who are related to Tedros."

How did he know? Cale stumbled back in surprise. He made sure his hair was still the color he'd dyed it—a dark brown to match his surroundings. Maybe it was his face. He panicked inwardly.

Rhian tutted, turning back to Japeth. "And you." He narrowed his eyes. "It was bad enough you went scurrying back to those males you so desperately want but can't get. Especially after the incident with Aric. You should've learned your lesson by now. Going after first years? I thought you were better than that." Rhian leered at Japeth, who blanched as white as paper.

Cale glanced at the Storian, which was hurrying to catch up. He looked at the page beside it. Monique was staring at a green flower with petals like a lion's mane in her hands, a boy gazing in awe at her and the flower but his eyes held something else than awe. Fear.

Rhian followed his eyes and jolted back in surprise. "Impossible." He breathed.

Japeth risked a look to where they were both looking at. A faint grin appeared on his face.

"It seems that we're not the only ones in this fairytale." He crooned.