The First Step ~ Moni

Monique was always prepared for something surprising. But never something as surprising as this. Her boots clacked against the tile floor as she hurried after Agatha, who wasn't going to slow down until she reached her destination.

"What do you mean, I'm going to the school?!" Monique huffed, trying to catch up to the Queen.

Agatha didn't hesitate to answer. "Times are changing. You must change too." She shot her a grin. "Which means, changing a location too."

The Queen of Camelot swung open the doors. Monique stared at the room in shock.

"T-this..." she sputtered, waving her hands wildly at the floating maps.

"This is our map room. It wouldn't be so messy if Shalier had listened to my request about cleaning this up a few days ago." Agatha shook her head at the mention of her steward. "Here we can track what's going on in the Woods. So if you get in trouble, shoot a flare when you unlock your magic at school. Camelot reinforcements will come as quickly as they can.  But only do it in dire life threatening situations." A faint smile quirked on her face.

"Uhhh..." Monique tried to wrap it together in her head.

"School starts about one week from now. Be ready." Agatha turned to leave the room.

Monique grabbed her by the sleeve, making her look at her. "What am I to do?!"

"Stay in the castle. I'll be sending someone to show you to your room later." Agatha tugged her arm free and swept out the door, leaving the confused orphan behind her.

"There's always a first step to doing a job right." Monique muttered, gazing at the spot where Agatha once stood.