sixty ☆ the three s's

MAY
of twenty-twenty

narrator's pov.

it had been a few weeks since elena transferred to pineland high school, and she was mostly adjusted. she definitely missed her former friends, but she was also thrilled to be with her boyfriend every day.

"hey, what did you get for number three?" zach asked, tapping elena's shoulder.

however, the dark-haired girl was in her own world. ever since her last day at oakland high, elena couldn't stop thinking about the friends she left. but she still felt like she made the right decision... most of the time.

"oh, sorry," elena apologized, shaking her head to snap out of her daydream, "i got false."

"same," zach agreed, "hey, are you okay? you started to seem off ever since you transferred."

elena shrugged, "well, i can't stop thinking about how my friends hate me."

"don't worry, ellie, i'm sure they'll come around," zach reassured, "at least we have each other, right?"

elena smiled, "yup, we do, and that's more than enough."

-

lunchtime came around, and elena had always found herself sitting with zach, jack, june, and jonah. it was nice that she already had friends before transferring to pineland, but for her, it wasn't the same as being with presley, corbyn, daniel, and rosaline. time at the cafeteria mainly consisted of zach and elena effortlessly flirting with each other while jack, june, and jonah had their own conversations.

elena had three classes with zach which were microeconomics, calculus, and health. however, jack and june were also in their calculus class, and all five of them had health together.

"t-minus one week and three days until the senior trip. are you guys excited?" june asked.

"i can just tell there's going to be drama," jack declared, "what about you, zach and elena?"

the couple was off in their own world, talking about their plan to go shopping at oakland mall when school ended.

"the couple isn't invested in our conversation... are we surprised?" jonah teased.

"huh?" both elena and zach asked at the same time, turning their bodies to face the other three.

the health teacher, mr. barnes, cleared his throat, "alright, today we're going to be talking about the gross stuff."

"are we going to talk about hugging?" jonah asked.

the jocks behind jonah gave him a high-five, and even the entire class laughed at what jonah said.

"actually, yes, mr. frantzich. a hug can totally lead up to the gross stuff," mr. barnes declared, turning on the projector.

a slideshow entitled the three s's: sex, safety, and std's appeared on the blank whiteboard. many students pretend the vomit while others couldn't stop cracking up.

"you guys are juniors and seniors, and sexual activity and thoughts probably occur more often than you guys would think," mr. barnes stated, "now, who would like to give me an appropriate description of what sex is?"

jonah raised his hand, "one word... babies."

"well, that is true. however, babies can be avoided by uses of safety," mr. barnes explained, "condoms, birth control, things like that can prevent, uh, babies. although, there are some cases in which those uses can't prevent an std. does anyone know what std stands for?"

june raised her hand, "sexually transmitted disease."

"that is correct, ms. finley," mr. barnes agreed, "the best way to avoid std's is practicing sexual abstinence. however, with all of your teenage hormones, that might be difficult."

elena whispered to zach, "i'm very uncomfortable that an old man is teaching me about sex."

zach laughed, causing mr. barnes to call on him, "mr. herron, since you seem to be conversing with ms. carmen, why don't you give us two examples of an std?"

"uh, chlamydia and hpv?" zach replied.

"correct, mr. herron," mr. barnes commended, continuing the presentation.

"i bet he only knows that because he gave those to elena," a random student whispered.

zach's head immediately turned around, and he mumbled to elena, "d-did you hear that?"

"hear what?" elena questioned.

"oh, n-never mind," zach stuttered.

...

a / n :

i have no idea what this chapter
was but i needed a filler before
the senior trip LMAO also, there's
a bit of foreshadowing in this chapter
(not exactly the STD's lol)