fifty-nine ☆ good luck at pineland

APRIL
of twenty-twenty

narrator's pov.

it was elena's final day attending oakland high school, and none of her friends greeted her in the morning. they all crowded around presley's locker and occasionally glimpsed over at elena who looked depressed on her own. the bell hadn't even rung yet, and elena headed to homeroom. she walked past her somewhat friends, and they all side-eyed her, especially presley. presley was the most hurt since her and elena were the only juniors in their friend group, so now presley has to go through her senior year without elena.

"fuck it, i'm going to talk to her," daniel stated.

"no... don't. she betrayed us," presley scoffed.

"don't you guys feel a little bit bad for her? i mean, come on, it's elena," daniel pointed out, "the girl who does everything to make sure we're happy? the girl who is always there for us? the girl that's been our friend for years?"

"she's also the girl that's moving schools but didn't tell her best friends," rosaline brought up.

"i just want to make sure she's okay," daniel said, walking away from presley's locker to catch up with elena, "hey!"

elena turned around, "oh, hey."

"look, i know that everything that's happening right now is pretty shitty, but you look miserable and i feel bad," daniel sighed.

"wouldn't you be miserable if your friends hated you?" elena questioned, crossing her arms.

"they don't hate you, el. they could never hate you. they're just... disappointed," daniel explained, "don't worry, they'll eventually get over it."

homeroom wasn't any better for elena. she had to sit next to corbyn, and he wanted nothing to do with her. elena tried to talk to him a few times, but he blatantly ignored everything she said. the remainder of the day was basically a repeat of homeroom in which elena constantly tried to start a conversation with her friends while they pretended she didn't exist.

toward the end of the day, elena had already made her goodbyes with teachers, faculty, and any other school friends she had. after cleaning out her locker, elena headed to presley's to talk to them all for the last time at oakland high school.

"hey," elena started, "i know you all are mad at me, and i wouldn't blame you. but, please, all i ask is for not even two minutes of your attention."

the only person listening to elena was daniel, so he nudged at presley, rosaline, and corbyn to listen as well.

presley rolled her eyes, "okay, fine, say whatever you need to say."

"thank you," elena acknowledged, "you guys are my best friends, and i shouldn't have treated you like that. i should've asked you on your opinions of me switching schools rather than just doing it behind all of your backs. i'm really sorry for doing that, and i'm a terrible friend. i hope you guys know that i love each and every one of you and i'm so grateful for our friendship. it's going to stink not being able to see you guys every day, but if you all can forgive me, we can make something work so we can still hangout. what do you all say?"

presley sighed, "sorry, elena, no thanks. good luck at pineland."

-

liked by okzach, friskydiskydaniel, jackodawacko, and 38 otherselenasvlogchannel today was such a bad day

elenasvlogchannel today was such a bad day... and that's saying a lot considering i've been through tons of bad days
view all 17 comments...
okzach call me?
          ↳ elenasvlogchannel i miss you
          i just want to hug you right now
          ↳ okzach i miss you too ellie ):
morejune aw elena i'm so sorry you don't deserve to be sad you're such a sweetheart 🥺
          ↳ elenasvlogchannel thank u june 🥺
friskydiskydaniel hey it'll be okay. keep
ur head up elena everything will fall back
into place!
          ↳ elenasvlogchannel thanks daniel <3
load more comments...

...

a / n :

i don't even know how i have so many
chapters written for this story LMAO
i'm thinking it'll end anywhere between
seventy-five and one hundred?