sixty-two ☆ the sun is about to set

MAY
of twenty-twenty

narrator's pov.

pres1ey
has added to their story!

-

-

"ready?" zach asked elena, earning a nod from his girlfriend.

the two headed toward the elevator, and they saw jack, june, and jonah waiting there as well. the five talked as they waited for the elevator to open, and when it was finally their turn to head inside, the doors opened to presley, corbyn, rosaline, and daniel.

even though elena was on good terms with daniel and corbyn, her friendships with presley and rosaline still remained uncertain. the dark-haired girl felt the glares that were being sent by her ex-friends.

after what felt like three hours, the elevator ride was over and everyone headed to the beach.

"alright, are we surfing, or what?" daniel asked, earning cheers from june, corbyn, and jack.

jonah shook his head, "i think i'm going to grab an açaí bowl."

"rose and i will be tanning," presley declared, placing her towel on the hot sand.

zach turned to elena who was awkwardly holding her beach bag as she stared into the blue water, "well, looks like it's just us. what do you want to do?"

elena shrugged, "i don't know."

"hey, cheer up, ellie. we're in hawaii," zach declared, placing his hands on her bare shoulders, "how about we relax for a bit, maybe take some pictures, and we can swim later?"

the dark-haired girl smiled, "that works."

the two placed down their towels just a few feet away from where presley and rosaline were located, and laid out in the sun.

-